Type keyword(s) to search

[Enquiry, Answered] Grace period for editing a post

Aryanna

Can there be a grace period for editing a post?

I recently made a post and hit an errant key before posting. I went back immediately to fix the mistake and then saved it and it put that tag at the bottom that said edited... It had only been posted a couple of seconds before I edited it. Maybe it shouldn't but it bugs me. I get it if someone goes back an hour or so later and edits it that it should say that the post has been edited, but if it gets edited in the first several minutes to fix a spelling mistake or punctuation error or something, it shouldn't put that tag on there. It makes it look like I've changed the content or the intent of my original post when I haven't. Like I said, maybe it's just a pet peeve that shouldn't bug me but it does.

This has always been how it is for all users, up to and including admins. The moment you amend a post it will show as 'edited' because that's the reality - even if a second old - you have, in fact, edited your post regardless of the reason. My advice is not to worry about it, it happens to us all and I'm sure 99% of people take absolutely zero notice whether a post has been edited or not. Sometimes, I edit a post so many times I must look a complete numpty, heh, it happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Wonders if I'll have to edit this one* - and yep, I did!

Edited by SilverStormm
Derp.
  • Love 7