Type keyword(s) to search

Barefoot Contessa

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

What's the recipe?  (Or am I missing some earlier reference?)

My fault - submitted the post without the link, then when I went back to edit with the link my broadband connection "collapsed" and by the time it returned Primetimer had timed out for posting the edit & reverted to pre-edit text! 

Anyway, the recipe in  question is for Chicken Marbella. 

Here's the link.

https://www.thekitchn.com/ina-gartens-chicken-marbella-263722

Ina had two episodes this morning focused on cooking with herbs. The first, from 2009 I think, featured Chive Risotto Cakes and Pasta with Pecorino and Pepper.  The second is a new Cook Like a Pro episode "Herbs All Ways" with Ina making ricotta cheese and zucchini sticks.  Both were terrific shows in that the food looked great and could be easily prepared by home cooks.

She emphasized that the fresh herbs made all the difference in her cooking, which I discovered myself after not bothering with them for many years.  A funny moment, however, was when she spoke about her dislike for fresh oregano in the first show, then used it in the second without much problem, LOL.

• Love 2

I am definitely going to try the goat cheese vegetable tart and I might even include chicory in a salad to accompany it but I didn’t like the “peekaboo” plating at the end. 

I find it difficult to believe that it was the first time Ina made pasta but it would be so weird and unnecessary to lie about since Missy is amazing at pasta it would still be a great segment even if it wasn’t her first time.

Crepes are the one thing I can never get right. Maybe I will try again. 

• Love 1
On 5/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, rhys said:

I always but large eggs so that caught my attention too. I think I'm a decent baker but I'm curious now. Let us know what you think if you do change.

Well...ex large eggs have egg whites that are slimey and ooze all over the place. I tried two times and have returned to plain large eggs. I didn't bake with them though so I never got to test Ina's theory. Just got icked out by the egg white deluge 😒