Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Sleeper

When a burglary turns into a slaughter, Torchwood suspect alien involvement. Who is Beth, and can she be as innocent as she seems? But when the investigation escalates into a city-wide assault, Jack realises that the whole planet is in danger.

Ianto Jones: It's all over.

Owen Harper: Let's all have sex.

Ianto Jones: And I thought the End of the World couldn't get any worse.

• Love 1

I watched this ep last night and the thing that always gets me, is how much i like Gwen. Shock horror i know LOL but i really wish she was like this normally then she would make more sense to me. Gwen is compassionate but she still does her job , doesn't yell that not enough is being done without coming up with any answers by herself. I even believed that she cares about hurting Rhys the way she has while she is talking to Beth. The ep isn't turned into a Gwen moment, it's all quite amazing, why couldn't they write her like this all the time.

I really liked the actress who played Beth, she made this ep.Unsure about the "Sleepers" themselves with Jack's backstory. I mean if the mystery race is going around destroying planets wouldn't everyone being trying to find out who they are and can they time travel ?  When is Jack talking about ? I assume it's his time as a Time Agent,.Plus do we have to also hurt Jack in someway in every ep, cause i'm not sure what happened there Jack is stabbed but doesn't die and is healing while being stabbed. Because once he is running Jack is fine

And yes I love Ianto, he is very funny and nice to see him so happy, plus i really love just the arm out for Gwen to take. That's all that was needed just a nice moment, quiet support.

I like Gwen a lot in this too. I like that her compassion informs her job and isn't there to prove how much more human than the rest of the team she is (whoever thought that was a good idea?).

It's a pity they didn't do more with this story line. I think I would have preferred this as a season ender than dull, wooden Grey.

I like the idea of Grey because he brought more Jack focus to the show.  The actor didn't do much for the character though.

I too really enjoyed Sleeper and it had a few things that I love most about the show.  It was very team oriented and I loved watching Tosh, Owen, and Ianto work together and have the scenes the way they did.  It had a Ianto that seemed more comfortable around everyone, cracking wise.  As you guys are stating, Gwen was definitely a more balanced character and therefore less annoying/frustrating.  Beth was a great guest character with a great actress playing her. 

I like the idea of Grey because he brought more Jack focus to the show.  The actor didn't do much for the character though.

Even learning a bit more about Jack wasn't enough for me to put up with Grey. What a horrible character and then he unforgivably killed Tosh.

Gray was an interesting concept they did half-assed. Sleeper was an interesting concept that definitely deserved a follow-up. Zombie Owen wasn't necessary at all (IMO). So, of course, the most promising story potential in S2 that should have had an arc was never revisited.