Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Offsrping

Going to do another as I've realised I'm out of sync with the Buffy reviews

OFFSPRING

The Good; Season 3 really kicks into high gear with the arrival of Darla and her 'passenger'.

The Bad; ?

Best line: CC; "What are friends for?" Darla; "Knocking you up and leaving you high and dry" Just beating Lorne's "It's beyond my Ken and my Barbie and all my action figures"

Jeez, how did they get away with that? Cordy describes Angel as not going evil but 'going male' which is positively misandrist.

Apocalypses: 5

Angel Clichés Inverting the Hollywood cliché; Darla the pregnant mother is still pure evil, defying all our expectations

In disguise; 8

DB get's his shirt off; 12 9,

Cheap Angel; 7

Fang Gang in bondage: Cordy: 5 Angel: 11 Wes: 6 Gunn; 3 Lorne; 2

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy: 11 Angel: 14 Wes: 5 Doyle; 1 Gunn; 1 Lorne; 2

Kills: Cordy: 5 vamps, 3 demons Angel; 28 vamps, 40 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans Doyle; 1 vamp Wes; 7 demons+1 vamp Kate; 3 vamps Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans. Gunn; 8 vamps+ 6 demons.

Fang Gang go evil: Cordy: 2 Angel: 2 Gunn; 1 Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang: Cordy: 2 Angel: 7

Characters killed: 45

Recurring characters killed; 7;

Total number of Angel Investigations: 5, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and Fred

Angel Investigations shot: Angel: 11 Wes; 1

Packing heat; Wes takes the pistol from the scroll owner Wes; 4 Doyle; 1 Angel; 1 Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky: Wes refers to the date rape drugs GHB/rohypnol. CC refers to the Furies as Angel's 'chippies' and hopes they're on the pill. CC refers to Angel 'boning' Darla.

Captain Subtext; The Kyrumption subtext between CC and Angel finally comes to the fore but Darla's arrival puts a spanner in the works. Darla seems appalled by the world suggesting her baby is already giving her a soul.

Know the face, different character; 4 Jack Conley as Sahjhan, also played the werewolf hunter Cain in the Buffy season 2 ep Phases

Parking garages; 5,

Buffy characters on Angel; 16 Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony

Questions and observations; Hang on everybody, we're going for a hell of a ride! Holst appears to be a Catholic which is ironic given that he's based on Oliver Cromwell who was markedly anti-Catholic despite being largely regarded as a champion of liberty. Gunn is a great juggler, I wonder if he was taught by the same person

Spoiler

as Buffy in 'Hell's Bells'?

Marks out of 10; 8/10