Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: That Vision Thing

THAT VISION THING

The Good; A real one for Lilah fans, our first sight of Skip and some great acting by CC

The Bad; The brain thing looks fake. It also seems all very unnecessarily complicated to rescue Billy

Best line: CC (about Gavin) "Ok, Satan's toady but that's a NICE suit!"

Jeez, how did they get away with that? You so feel for Cordy as she suffers. Not so much the re-bar through the head but Darla slicing her hand makes me wince every time.

Apocalypses: 5

Angel Clichés Inverting the Hollywood cliché; Darla's "Men are such babies" remark, about some things yes.

In disguise; 8

DB get's his shirt off; 12

Cordy's tattoo; oh yes 8

Cheap Angel; 7

Fang Gang in bondage: Cordy: 5 Angel: 10 Wes: 6 Gunn; 3 Lorne; 2

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy and Lorne Cordy: 11 Angel: 13 Wes: 5 Doyle; 1 Gunn; 1 Lorne; 2

Kills: 2 demons for Angel Cordy: 5 vamps, 3 demons Angel; 28 vamps, 40 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans Doyle; 1 vamp Wes; 7 demons+1 vamp Kate; 3 vamps Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans. Gunn; 8 vamps+ 5 demons.

Fang Gang go evil: Cordy: 2 Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang: Cordy: 2 Angel: 6

Characters killed: 37

Recurring characters killed; 6;

Total number of Angel Investigations: Fred doing research and taking care of Cordy, now part of the gang 5, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Fred

Angel Investigations shot: Angel: 11 Wes; 1

Packing heat; Wes; 3 Doyle; 1 Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: I'm going to add Phantom Dennis who Cordy will later tell us is 'good with a loofah'. Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis(?) Angel: 2; Buffy and Darla Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky: 'Dick' and 'dong' in the car on the way to get the key. Lilah paws Angel when he's in her office and when he's violent with her it actually seems to turn her on all the more, she keeps pawing. Fred is 'forking with Gunn'.

Captain Subtext; Lorne loves The Sound of Music. But who doesn't?

Know the face, different character; 3 The guy who plays the shamen is one of many Whedonverse alumni to appear on 'How I met your mother', playing Robin's therapist in season 7

Parking garages; 5,

Guantanamo Bay; Angel threatens Lilah and Gavin. Wes and Gunn are quite prepared to kill Billy if WR&H try anything smart. Despite her tough girl image Lilah seems to be genuinely afraid at the end of the ep.

Buffy characters on Angel; 16 Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony

Questions and observations; CC impressed by Gavin's clothes, what a shame she missed most of

Spoiler

season 5 when AI can put their wardrobe on WR&H expense account.

I wonder if the makers of The Matrix say this ep? They certainly steal the key gag for the second film. Fred meets Phantom Dennis although she also feels the need to introduce herself in a later ep.

Marks out of 10; 6/10, pretty good, not totally brilliant