Type keyword(s) to search

Cordelia Chase: The LA Years

Close behind Wesley in terms of growth of course we have CC who goes from the shallow rich girl from Sunnydale to fallen low and then builds herself up again until she is considered worthy to be a champion of the PTBs (or a pawn in Jasmine's game?). I do wonder however what they would have done with CC if she had not had to bow out in mid-season 4? Also what a shame she didn't get to be on Team Angel in s5, CC at WR&H complete with expense account would have been awesome. 

One of S4’s strengths is retconning the whole “Cordelia’s too good for humanity! Everything we see our heroes do in the Buffyverse is chump change compared to what Cordelia can do as a higher power” bullshit. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Cordelia's development was remarkable, but I think she became too saintly in season three when she returned from her holiday and her ascension to a higher being was probably a big mistake, as the writers themselves quickly realized that they didn't like it, (Possessed Season 4 Cordy was a way to walk that back, according to Tim Minear). 

Season Four Cordelia then is a shadow of her former self, though I think the Evil Cordelia storyline may have worked better if they had revealed her true nature in the first few episodes of the season rather than halfway through. But it's interesting that Cordelia was initially brought in to balance out Angel's brooding and have a big bright smile in the show and in season four (the first without David Greenwalt) they basically make her the exact opposite of what she was supposed to bring to the table.

Season 5 Cordelia was a great return to the Cordelia who I loved, a force of nature, funny, charming, attractive, irresistible. I am still mad though that her guest appearance only happened because SMG turned them down. However, I think by season 5, there was just no place to go with her character anymore. Cordelia was basically doomed from the moment they decided to make her a love interest for Angel and have this doomed romance-storyline, because Angel has a curse, he can never be happy or have a relationship with a woman he loves. I wish they had rather paired her up with Lindsey or another male character than with Angel.

I had no problem with evil CC but the we just didn't see enough of her due to her pregnancy. We very much see a more back to basics CC in season 5 and she's a breath of fresh hair but alas all too briefly. 

16 hours ago, Melancholy said:

One of S4’s strengths is retconning the whole “Cordelia’s too good for humanity! Everything we see our heroes do in the Buffyverse is chump change compared to what Cordelia can do as a higher power” bullshit. 

True and I think people found it boring as she does, too bad they mishandled her return so badly.