Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Epiphany

Joe Hellandback

EPIPHANY

The Good; All of it, just magnificent, especially love the Lindsey/Angel fight and the truck crashing through the window.

The Bad; Anyone?

Best line: Gunn; "So what, you had a epiphany? Just wake up and bang?" Angel; "Sort of the other way around"

Jeez, how did they get away with that? Even though it's just plastic you wince when Angel smashes Lindsey's hand

Apocalypses: 5

Angel Clichés Damsel in distress; 18 Cordy this time around

Inverting the Hollywood cliché; We all expect Angel to lose his soul but he doesn't only Buffy can do that to him

In disguise; 8

DB get's his shirt off; still off from last week so yes 12

Cordy's tattoo;4

Cheap Angel; 6

Fang Gang in bondage: Wes and Gunn at the house Cordy: 5 Angel: 9 Wes: 4 Gunn; 1

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy post-impregnation Cordy: 11 Angel: 12 Wes: 5 Doyle; 1 Gunn; 1 Lorne; 1

Kills: 1 demon for Angel and one for Wes Cordy: 5 vamps, 1 demons Angel; 22 vamps, 32 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans Doyle; 1 vamp Wes; 2 demon Kate; 3 vamps Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans. Gunn; 5 vamps+ 2 demons.

Fang Gang go evil: Cordy: 2 Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang: Cordy: 2 Angel: 6

Characters killed: 35

Recurring characters killed; 5;

Total number of Angel Investigations: 4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot: Angel: 10 Wes; 1

Packing heat; Wes for the third time with his shotgun Wes; 3 Doyle; 1 Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast Angel: 2; Buffy and Darla Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky: Darla and Angel have sex three times. Darla considers herself very good in the sack as she's been doing it for 400years and used to be a professional. She asks Angel was she "Not good?" which is exactly what Buffy says in Innocence. Lorne suggests that Angel give Darla cab fare (I had a friend who always said that if a guy does that/cooks you breakfast afterwards it made you a prostitute. Strangely she is now an unmarried mother). On that topic Cordy impregnated by a demon against her will for the second time. And we always thought Xander was the demon magnet? Of course if you like that sort of thing you can always just Google Monsters and Angels/GOT fetishism

Captain Subtext; Apparently the way to tell Angel and Angelus apart is that Angelus wears leather pants? Keith Topping suggests that at the end of the ep Lindsey is 'struggling with his sexuality' but I'm not so sure?

Know the face, different character; 2

Parking garages; 5,

Buffy characters on Angel; 14 Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne

Questions and observations; The PTB decide to save Kate, well you would, wouldn't you? How much do I love Lindsey as a lonely drunken teenage buck with a pink carnation, pick up truck, cowboy boots and sledgehammer? Angel uses the 70s term 'pad', well he was about back then, a groovy cat if there ever was one. Angel smashing Lindsey's hand is SUCH a powerful moment, even when you know it's plastic it still makes you wince. Goodbye to Kate who leaves LA, changes her identity and becomes a lesbian district attorney in New York before

Spoiler

returning to Angel in season 6.

Angels observation that if it all means nothing then the smallest act of kindness means everything is just wonderful. Lovely ending too with Cordy being caught by Angel, the gang is back together.

Marks out of 10; 10/10

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, nosleepforme said:

I was always disappointed that this was the 

Reveal hidden contents

last appearance by Kate on the show, but I guess Elizabeth Röhm had to lawyer up for another show. If Charisma had turned down to return for the 100th episode, she could have filled her spot really well too, though. Really would have liked to see Kate react to Angel running Wolfram and Hart.

Best part of this episode is that it finally reunites Angel with his gang. I hated to see them separated. The show IMO is at its best when the cast is together and not separated. I have never been a big fan of the "lone wolf"-episodes of Angel. 

Spoiler

I was actually glad ER left when she did, otherwise Kate would have become 

Spoiler

Holtz's aide in s3, instead the character of Justine was invented. 

According to Buffypedia Kate was going to recur in later seasons as a hooker in the  bordello

Spoiler

Groo and Angel visit in Couplet

or as one of the strippers entertaining 

Spoiler

Spike in Soul Purpose.