Type keyword(s) to search

Errah! How did that happen?

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. They would have had plans and Tim never would have said he thought Al took care of the floor unless he really though Al had. Why wouldn't they have made sure on that. Especially, Al who's always all over Tim to make sure he does things right and pointing out when he's not doesn't take care of re-enforcing the floor? Why wouldn't he? That's something you need to do no matter what your building. I agree about the carpet who is going to put that in a wine cellar? They don't have those specifically for that reason it would mold. That why they always have vinyl, granite or hard wood. It would like carpeting the bathroom why when your going to have a hard time cleaning it every time the toilet over flows. It makes no sense. What also makes no sense is the tree cutting laser tool but without the red laser. So the person holding it could really end up cutting anything and everything when they happen to have it facing anything. That would be like making a nail gun that goes off every time you hold it.  Tim would hardly be the only one who made that mistake. 

Oh yes, the laser cutter. Wow! How backwards was that? You have to see the laser or how are you going to know where to cut? They have something similar to that now as a thin razor wire cutter. However, they keep it similar to a weed whipper so you can see the point of cutting. Otherwise you could lose a digit or cut through your leg. I'm surprised Binford didn't have more lawsuits the way things had hair triggers or how Tim operated them. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, readster said:

Oh yes, the laser cutter. Wow! How backwards was that? You have to see the laser or how are you going to know where to cut? They have something similar to that now as a thin razor wire cutter. However, they keep it similar to a weed whipper so you can see the point of cutting. Otherwise you could lose a digit or cut through your leg. I'm surprised Binford didn't have more lawsuits the way things had hair triggers or how Tim operated them. 

Yes! That made no sense. The whole point of the laser is so you can see where to cut. If you can't see that what's the point? You'll end up cutting a lot of things you didn't want to cut. You'll could use a limb from something like that. Binford should have gotten a lot of lawsuits from that and who ever made it should have lost a few fingers. 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2018 at 6:05 PM, andromeda331 said:

Yes! That made no sense. The whole point of the laser is so you can see where to cut. If you can't see that what's the point? You'll end up cutting a lot of things you didn't want to cut. You'll could use a limb from something like that. Binford should have gotten a lot of lawsuits from that and who ever made it should have lost a few fingers. 

I still to this day can't understand how Jill was able to put her voice over on a library book recording of a Tale of Two Cities. She would have been fined so heavily and You CAN'T take over a book cassette take whether it's bridged or unabridged. Plus, when did Jill get her hands on the tape from Randy and record it? Even if she replaced the tape with her own, it was written to show it was an official book recording of A Tale of Two Cities. How did Jill just know Randy would do this? She didn't know that Tim used a recording of a tape to learn about Madam Bovery and was even confused how Tim knew the characters. So, she just magically learned about the tape because Randy went to the Public Library and got the recording. I'll tell you this, you think Jill had a problem then? Kids have been using Books on Tape or Cliffnotes for years along with their school copies. I have tons of high school students who look on Youtube for unabridged recordings of books for chapters so they understand it and don't miss anything and don't read every single page and still do well on quizzes. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, readster said:

I still to this day can't understand how Jill was able to put her voice over on a library book recording of a Tale of Two Cities. She would have been fined so heavily and You CAN'T take over a book cassette take whether it's bridged or unabridged. Plus, when did Jill get her hands on the tape from Randy and record it? Even if she replaced the tape with her own, it was written to show it was an official book recording of A Tale of Two Cities. How did Jill just know Randy would do this? She didn't know that Tim used a recording of a tape to learn about Madam Bovery and was even confused how Tim knew the characters. So, she just magically learned about the tape because Randy went to the Public Library and got the recording. I'll tell you this, you think Jill had a problem then? Kids have been using Books on Tape or Cliffnotes for years along with their school copies. I have tons of high school students who look on Youtube for unabridged recordings of books for chapters so they understand it and don't miss anything and don't read every single page and still do well on quizzes. 

I didn't realize she shouldn't have known know about the book cassette! Your right she didn't know that's where Tim got the information. Her best guest would have been Wilson told him about it. Randy was the only one who knew but why would he tell Jill since he planned to do the same thing for his book report. She really couldn't have without paying a huge fine. I don't know why she'd do that even if it was to catch Brad. That's still a lot of money. I agree listening to the book isn't  really a bad thing. He still would have to listen to the whole thing. She should be more surprised he didn't go straight for the Cliffnotes like more kids have done.  It did make me wonder if Jill ever did the same thing. I know we never saw it. She was always talking about all the studying she had to do. I wonder if she ever took the same shortcuts.   

• Love 1
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I didn't realize she shouldn't have known know about the book cassette! Your right she didn't know that's where Tim got the information. Her best guest would have been Wilson told him about it. Randy was the only one who knew but why would he tell Jill since he planned to do the same thing for his book report. She really couldn't have without paying a huge fine. I don't know why she'd do that even if it was to catch Brad. That's still a lot of money. I agree listening to the book isn't  really a bad thing. He still would have to listen to the whole thing. She should be more surprised he didn't go straight for the Cliffnotes like more kids have done.  It did make me wonder if Jill ever did the same thing. I know we never saw it. She was always talking about all the studying she had to do. I wonder if she ever took the same shortcuts.   

You do have to wonder that, but still there is just no way Jill could have taped over a professional recording abridged or unabridged copy of a book like that. It isn't possible at that time to do something like that. Now, could have Jill just made a fake one using a regular tape? Sure, but at the same time, when you see Randy putting the tape in, it has the printing and isn't giving him any clue that it is the real tape. Plus, the Tale of Two Cities is not a short book. I know writers want to be funny and act like the teacher from Charlie Brown assigning students to read War and Peace. However, even in the mid to late 90s. Teachers are regulated what books are on a list that their students can read. Usually be early middle school in Randy's case, the worst book he would get would be Madam Bovery or The House on Mango Street not the Tale of Two Cities. You pointed out perfect about Jill always complaining how busy she was and then she joined a book club. Book Clubs usually give you two to three weeks to read a book and then discuss it or they do it chapter by chapter for a week. Now, Jill reading a chapter before going to bed at night, no problem. However, they acted like they had to read these books in a couple of days. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readster said:

You do have to wonder that, but still there is just no way Jill could have taped over a professional recording abridged or unabridged copy of a book like that. It isn't possible at that time to do something like that. Now, could have Jill just made a fake one using a regular tape? Sure, but at the same time, when you see Randy putting the tape in, it has the printing and isn't giving him any clue that it is the real tape. Plus, the Tale of Two Cities is not a short book. I know writers want to be funny and act like the teacher from Charlie Brown assigning students to read War and Peace. However, even in the mid to late 90s. Teachers are regulated what books are on a list that their students can read. Usually be early middle school in Randy's case, the worst book he would get would be Madam Bovery or The House on Mango Street not the Tale of Two Cities. You pointed out perfect about Jill always complaining how busy she was and then she joined a book club. Book Clubs usually give you two to three weeks to read a book and then discuss it or they do it chapter by chapter for a week. Now, Jill reading a chapter before going to bed at night, no problem. However, they acted like they had to read these books in a couple of days. 

There really isn't. Even if by some chance she made a fake tape why would she? That's a lot of work to catch Randy not reading the book plus like you said Randy would know immediately it wasn't the right tape. Not unless she went the extra, extra mile and created the right labels sand stuff. Why? He's still hearing the entire book he's just listening to it instead of reading. I do love how on TV kids are always having to read long books. We never had too. Usually, my teachers just gave out a list of books to chose from and most picked whatever was shortest. If we were going to go over an author's work we just did it in class.  A lot of the classics we never even touched. Every Book Club I've ever known were either meet every few weeks and have the book read or meet up once a week and have a chapter read. I've never heard anyone having to read the book in a couple days. I do like how friendly and open the rest of the group was to Tim's ideas until he made that remark about the husband. A lot of groups really would be that open and really listen especially when someone is coming from a point of view no one had considered yet. Even if they disagreed, they'd still be supportive and probably ask a lot of questions.  

• Love 1

There really isn't. Even if by some chance she made a fake tape why would she? That's a lot of work to catch Randy not reading the book plus like you said Randy would know immediately it wasn't the right tape. Not unless she went the extra, extra mile and created the right labels sand stuff. Why? He's still hearing the entire book he's just listening to it instead of reading. I do love how on TV kids are always having to read long books. We never had too. Usually, my teachers just gave out a list of books to chose from and most picked whatever was shortest. If we were going to go over an author's work we just did it in class.  A lot of the classics we never even touched. Every Book Club I've ever known were either meet every few weeks and have the book read or meet up once a week and have a chapter read. I've never heard anyone having to read the book in a couple days. I do like how friendly and open the rest of the group was to Tim's ideas until he made that remark about the husband. A lot of groups really would be that open and really listen especially when someone is coming from a point of view no one had considered yet. Even if they disagreed, they'd still be supportive and probably ask a lot of questions.  

How true, it was like with Jill's college friend a season later. I mean, she was inviting Jill out to dinners or get together, yet Jill acted like it was a really big deal to be having "fun". Yet, if it would have been some psychology club or something, Jill would have jumped at the chance and would have looked good to her from an academic standpoint. Yet, if it was some kind of short cut, it was like Jill thought it was the worst thing in the world. Sometimes I wish they would have written why Jill took summers off like that. She just didn't believe in short cuts no matter what. She believed in hard work and putting in time. Yet, why the hell she thought she could do that with the piano or cooking is beyond me. Usually people take those challenges and work on them. There is a movement called the Five for Five, where you challenge yourself to improving on things for five days straight. Anywhere from cooking to maybe getting to know your neighbors better. Yet in Jill's case, if she got bored with it, she dropped it or she ignored people who kept telling something OVER and OVER again. Just like Tim's obsession with "more power" when he even realized, sometimes you didn't need to "over improve" everything like Mr. Leonard said. But it was suppose to be funny, when it just was not. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, readster said:

How true, it was like with Jill's college friend a season later. I mean, she was inviting Jill out to dinners or get together, yet Jill acted like it was a really big deal to be having "fun". Yet, if it would have been some psychology club or something, Jill would have jumped at the chance and would have looked good to her from an academic standpoint. Yet, if it was some kind of short cut, it was like Jill thought it was the worst thing in the world. Sometimes I wish they would have written why Jill took summers off like that. She just didn't believe in short cuts no matter what. She believed in hard work and putting in time. Yet, why the hell she thought she could do that with the piano or cooking is beyond me. Usually people take those challenges and work on them. There is a movement called the Five for Five, where you challenge yourself to improving on things for five days straight. Anywhere from cooking to maybe getting to know your neighbors better. Yet in Jill's case, if she got bored with it, she dropped it or she ignored people who kept telling something OVER and OVER again. Just like Tim's obsession with "more power" when he even realized, sometimes you didn't need to "over improve" everything like Mr. Leonard said. But it was suppose to be funny, when it just was not. 

I really wish they had too. They could have said that Jill didn't want to miss out on things when the boys were out of school for the summer, money reasons, doing internships or something. But there should have been a reason as to why Jill wasn't rushing through college. She was an adult in her late thirties, with a growing family and only one pay check coming in. Why wouldn't she be going year around trying to get done and out in her field getting paid. The cooking thing was just annoy. She complains no one wants her recipes and gets mad at all of the jokes everyone makes about her cooking. But then never does anything to improve it. Why not? Cooking really isn't that hard. She has been shown that she can make a good dish when she took the time in the episode with the potlock. So why doesn't she? Every single day she decides instead of practicing or taking her time to make one crappy dish after another? What is she doing that she's so busy that she can't?  If she didn't care then why would she get mad? Maybe she just gets bored or something? It is kind of odd. Jill always talks about improving things. But she never does. She won't improve her cooking but will drag her husband off to marriage counseling when she admits they don't have a problem. She complains that she is so busy she doesn't have time for anything. But then signs up for Book Club and piano lessons. But then once again won't put in the work to get better at her lessons. No one is forcing her take lessons. No one is forcing her to go to Book Club. And again why is she so busy? She doesn't have work, she's not learning to be a better cook, her kids are older and out of the house more. She really does have a lot of time on her hands. I guess maybe she realizes she can't become an expert in cooking, pottery and other things she quietly drops them. That is a good point about Tim, if Jill focused and tried more as much as Tim would stop realizing he needed to add more power then she could actually get better. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2018 at 12:42 AM, andromeda331 said:

If she didn't care then why would she get mad? Maybe she just gets bored or something? It is kind of odd. Jill always talks about improving things. But she never does. She won't improve her cooking but will drag her husband off to marriage counseling when she admits they don't have a problem. She complains that she is so busy she doesn't have time for anything. But then signs up for Book Club and piano lessons. But then once again won't put in the work to get better at her lessons. No one is forcing her take lessons. No one is forcing her to go to Book Club. And again why is she so busy? She doesn't have work, she's not learning to be a better cook, her kids are older and out of the house more. She really does have a lot of time on her hands. I guess maybe she realizes she can't become an expert in cooking, pottery and other things she quietly drops them. That is a good point about Tim, if Jill focused and tried more as much as Tim would stop realizing he needed to add more power then she could actually get better. 

That was something I never got about Jill's character. Same with how Al kept getting upset at the jokes about his mother when both Tim and even Harry commented that she never had a problem with them. Even Antonio at the restaurant explain how he complimented her because usually she just laughed at any weight jokes. Yet, Al hated them and yet Kal never cared. So, why Alma who was apparently very vocal on having her boys drop everything for her didn't go: "Would you just relax, Al. I Know I'm a big person, but I'm fine with it." Same with the library, half-way house or who ever the Hell, Jill seemed to be a part of just directly saying: "Jill, you can't cook!" "When you do cook, you follow a recipe and it tastes great!" "Why the HELL can't you figure out to just use the cook books and stop trying to 'improve' your cooking like your husband has to have 'more power'?" Plus, really Lillian who apparently could cook great, never taught her daughters how to cook her way and Jill and apparently Linda cooked like Fred? How the hell did that happen or continue?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, readster said:

That was something I never got about Jill's character. Same with how Al kept getting upset at the jokes about his mother when both Tim and even Harry commented that she never had a problem with them. Even Antonio at the restaurant explain how he complimented her because usually she just laughed at any weight jokes. Yet, Al hated them and yet Kal never cared. So, why Alma who was apparently very vocal on having her boys drop everything for her didn't go: "Would you just relax, Al. I Know I'm a big person, but I'm fine with it." Same with the library, half-way house or who ever the Hell, Jill seemed to be a part of just directly saying: "Jill, you can't cook!" "When you do cook, you follow a recipe and it tastes great!" "Why the HELL can't you figure out to just use the cook books and stop trying to 'improve' your cooking like your husband has to have 'more power'?" Plus, really Lillian who apparently could cook great, never taught her daughters how to cook her way and Jill and apparently Linda cooked like Fred? How the hell did that happen or continue?

I never did either. That's a good point about Lillian I find it hard to believe she didn't teach her daughters to cook. She seems like the type that would make sure all her daughters knew how to cook. Jill could easily have learned and had plenty of time to try and get better. I used to not be much of a cook either but when I moved out there really wasn't a lot of extra money to for take out or fast food every night so I had to cook. Because I had to cook I got better. Started with simple dishes like tacos and Hamburger Helpers then moved onto casseroles, meat loafs and other stuff. There's tons of cookbooks and also cooking shows. I know it was a movie but Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead Kenny started out a lazy pot smoking punk but changed and managed to teach himself how to cook by watching Julia Child cooking shows. By the end he could make food for the fashion show. While Jill who's home most of the series and probably the entire time since Brad was born never took the time to get better?  When Tim was Al's assistant for the cooking show he did a bad job on the first day half he wasn't used to being an assistant and the other half he didn't know what he was doing. Yet he was much better the next day. He did his homework and was ready to assist Al. He was willing to do that even though he really wasn't interest in cooking. But Jill wasn't.

I don't get why Al kept getting upset by the jokes either. It would be one thing if Alma was hurt by the jokes but it turned out she really wasn't. If she found them funny then why was he so upset? She wasn't hurt by them. Cal didn't seemed bothered by them. I really doubt the audience gave much thought to the jokes. Tim told Al towards the end of season two or three that he joked about Al because he considered him like a brother. So by then he knew Tim wasn't being mean spirit. So why still get so upset? Alma is a little confusing she seemed to have a good sense of humor but also wanting to keep her sons so close. Turn them into Mama's boys, make them drop everything and run to her when ever she wanted. Why? They were grown men but she wouldn't back off. You'd think someone like that would be happy that Al was dating Iiene because she'd be hoping for grandchildren. Instead doing all she could to push Iiene away. Why? Was she afraid to be alone? Maybe my memory is fading but she seemed to be involved in a lot of activities Bingo and church stuff.  I know they never did show her which makes sense it would be hard for an actress to pull it off. But would have been really cool to have Alma and Lucille meet. I wonder if they ever did. Both were widowed and had all sons. Lucille went out and got job and took care of her sons. She also appeared to have a very busy life with going on trips and stuff. But all her boys except Tim turned out well how they turned out. While Alma's both ended up working Cal was a school psychologist so he went to college and made something of himself. Al went into the army and did the same thing. But without any confidence and her trying to keep her sons as close as possible. It would have been interesting to see the two talk. 

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't get why Al kept getting upset by the jokes either. It would be one thing if Alma was hurt by the jokes but it turned out she really wasn't. If she found them funny then why was he so upset? She wasn't hurt by them. Cal didn't seemed bothered by them. I really doubt the audience gave much thought to the jokes. Maybe my memory is fading but she seemed to be involved in a lot of activities Bingo and church stuff.  I know they never did show her which makes sense it would be hard for an actress to pull it off. 

That's right, on Soul Man, which had Dan Akryod and was in the HI Universe. Pastor Mike talked about Alma involvement, but also joking how they had to get bigger chairs and make extra pancakes for their Friday Night Bingo. It wasn't like other people, including Alma's and Al's pastor commented on her weight and even joked about it. Al still got mad about it, but then was: "You're my pastor, I can't be angry with you." It seemed that Alma had a life, but the way she told her boys to jump they would say: "how high?" 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, readster said:

That's right, on Soul Man, which had Dan Akryod and was in the HI Universe. Pastor Mike talked about Alma involvement, but also joking how they had to get bigger chairs and make extra pancakes for their Friday Night Bingo. It wasn't like other people, including Alma's and Al's pastor commented on her weight and even joked about it. Al still got mad about it, but then was: "You're my pastor, I can't be angry with you." It seemed that Alma had a life, but the way she told her boys to jump they would say: "how high?" 

Soul Man was in the HI universe? Did not know that.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Soul Man was in the HI universe? Did not know that.

He was. He was the Reverend Tim talked to in Losing My Religion episode where Randy doesn't want to go church anymore and is questioning God. Tim has a problem with it and talks with Soul Man who was a guest on Tool Time. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, readster said:

Yeah, that seems how Alma was She had a life, she was busy with church and Bingo but then wouldn't let her sons have their own lives. She wanted to keep them close and controlling them. I still wish we had gotten to see Al stand up to his mother. He sort of did in the Christmas episode by telling Iiene he would spend New Years with her. But I really wanted him to stand up to her. He was a grown man who was entitled to lead his life how he wanted too. And maybe be a little mad when he did so. From what we hear Al does almost everything for her. So its not like he's off neglecting her. No he does so much for her, spends so much time with her and so many of those times he really wanted too. Yet that's not enough and tries to mess up his relationship with Iiene. It wasn't often but every once in awhile Al slipped and admitted how angry he was with his mother it would have been nice to see him finally stand up to her. 

9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, that seems how Alma was She had a life, she was busy with church and Bingo but then wouldn't let her sons have their own lives. She wanted to keep them close and controlling them. I still wish we had gotten to see Al stand up to his mother. He sort of did in the Christmas episode by telling Iiene he would spend New Years with her. But I really wanted him to stand up to her. He was a grown man who was entitled to lead his life how he wanted too. And maybe be a little mad when he did so. From what we hear Al does almost everything for her. So its not like he's off neglecting her. No he does so much for her, spends so much time with her and so many of those times he really wanted too. Yet that's not enough and tries to mess up his relationship with Iiene. It wasn't often but every once in awhile Al slipped and admitted how angry he was with his mother it would have been nice to see him finally stand up to her. 

I know, plus you had to wonder too when Al went into the Navy. Cal and him are only a couple years apart (make sense since their father was so much older than Alma). So what happened when Al went into basic training and then station into most likely 5 years in Arizona? What did Cal do everything and then when Al came home to Detroit, Al just went back to waiting on his mother hand and foot? Did Alma inherit a ton of money from her late husband, since it sounds like she was a house wife and just stayed involved in town? Questions that they seem to try and answer on two shows, but of course didn't go there since they really could cast an actress to play Alma. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, readster said:

I know, plus you had to wonder too when Al went into the Navy. Cal and him are only a couple years apart (make sense since their father was so much older than Alma). So what happened when Al went into basic training and then station into most likely 5 years in Arizona? What did Cal do everything and then when Al came home to Detroit, Al just went back to waiting on his mother hand and foot? Did Alma inherit a ton of money from her late husband, since it sounds like she was a house wife and just stayed involved in town? Questions that they seem to try and answer on two shows, but of course didn't go there since they really could cast an actress to play Alma. 

Good question, what did she do? She either managed on her own or turned to Cal. Its mostly like she turned to Cal. But that depends on where did Cal go to college? He could have gone to a nearby college and helped his mother out. But I'm not really sure since Cal doesn't seem to do as much for their mother as Al does. Or its possible Cal has his brother do everything now since he had to deal with their mother however long Al was in the Navy. I do kind of feel bad for Al he went into the navy but it doesn't sound like he got to see much of the world. I think he said he was stationed only in Arizona (or was it Indiana). Then again not everyone in the Navy gets stationed at fun places. My sister-in-law's brother loved to joke after he joined the navy his first three or for places to be stated was nowhere near the ocean until he finally got Virginia and then Japan. I'm going to guess Al's father had a really good pension or had a lot of money although they never mentioned it. How else would she be able survive without working? Al's father was sixty when they married so its possible he saved up a lot of money until then and/or had really good pension. 

• Love 1

Was watching last night when Tool Time goes to the Blacksmith Farm (played by the late Graham Davis). So much is really off in this episode. First of all, when Alvin says that Tim made him wait by the manure pile before he came in. It wasn't Tim's barn, why would Alvin just stay there and when he came in he was just behind the corner. Where was Alvin and his manure pile? Plus, Tim is turning his jokes every time he can and Alvin is getting annoyed. However, you can tell Tim is joking and even Heidi is laughing a few times, yet Alvin acts like Tim is some little kid who just walked all over his lawn. Then when Tim pitches Alvin's thumb with the tongs, you can see that Tim purposely goes after Alvin's thumb. What? Why would Tim do that and why would Alvin not move his thumb when he could see that Tim had the tongs around him. Also, how did Whiskey Joe so quickly move towards Heidi that she could turn around and both of them face the camera that fast after Alvin was trying to hurt both Tim and Al with the tongs. Another thing, why is Alvin so upset with Al, he didn't do anything yet he is going after both of them.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, readster said:

Was watching last night when Tool Time goes to the Blacksmith Farm (played by the late Graham Davis). So much is really off in this episode. First of all, when Alvin says that Tim made him wait by the manure pile before he came in. It wasn't Tim's barn, why would Alvin just stay there and when he came in he was just behind the corner. Where was Alvin and his manure pile? Plus, Tim is turning his jokes every time he can and Alvin is getting annoyed. However, you can tell Tim is joking and even Heidi is laughing a few times, yet Alvin acts like Tim is some little kid who just walked all over his lawn. Then when Tim pitches Alvin's thumb with the tongs, you can see that Tim purposely goes after Alvin's thumb. What? Why would Tim do that and why would Alvin not move his thumb when he could see that Tim had the tongs around him. Also, how did Whiskey Joe so quickly move towards Heidi that she could turn around and both of them face the camera that fast after Alvin was trying to hurt both Tim and Al with the tongs. Another thing, why is Alvin so upset with Al, he didn't do anything yet he is going after both of them.

Yeah, Alvin either doesn't have a sense of humor or doesn't like time. He doesn't seem to get any of his jokes and keeps getting annoyed with him. Why did he bother to be on the show then? That's what Tim does. He makes jokes. I thought Tim's jokes were funny and yes Heidi was laughing too. Why would Tim aim for his thumb and why didn't Alvin move it away? Why keep his thumb right where Tim is going to hit it? It makes no sense for Alvin he knew Tim was going to try and shoe a horse and why would Tim purposely hit him? Why was he upset with Al, Al wasn't finding the jokes any funnier then Alvin you'd think the two would hit it off. Also in some episodes Tim will tell the camera man come closer and yet the cameraman some how thinks Tim means to get up and close where Tim gets hit with the camera. Why would he think Tim meant that when he was usually trying to get a close up of something small or what he was doing. 

• Love 1

Yeah, Alvin either doesn't have a sense of humor or doesn't like time. He doesn't seem to get any of his jokes and keeps getting annoyed with him. Why did he bother to be on the show then? That's what Tim does. He makes jokes. I thought Tim's jokes were funny and yes Heidi was laughing too. Why would Tim aim for his thumb and why didn't Alvin move it away? Why keep his thumb right where Tim is going to hit it? It makes no sense for Alvin he knew Tim was going to try and shoe a horse and why would Tim purposely hit him? Why was he upset with Al, Al wasn't finding the jokes any funnier then Alvin you'd think the two would hit it off. Also in some episodes Tim will tell the camera man come closer and yet the cameraman some how thinks Tim means to get up and close where Tim gets hit with the camera. Why would he think Tim meant that when he was usually trying to get a close up of something small or what he was doing. 

That's exactly it. Plus, even the piece when Tim made the joke about Whisky Joe's name and Alvin is: "This is a horse!" I wanted to go: "Yes, but people name their horses weird names." Plus, Al didn't do anything and even in the following episode when Tim was using the blimp to spy on the back stage crew. We see one smoking, I mean I knew it was the late 90s, but no one didn't go: "You can't smoke on the set." 

• Love 1

How did Al's father's tricycle bend and fall apart when Tim accidentally lit it on fire. Plus, how did the ENTIRE tricycle catch fire when he just sprayed the upper part of it? Even more, why would Al bring something that was so personal to him to Tool Time, where he knew Tim would most likely destroy it?

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, readster said:

How did Al's father's tricycle bend and fall apart when Tim accidentally lit it on fire. Plus, how did the ENTIRE tricycle catch fire when he just sprayed the upper part of it? 

I have no idea. Was the tricycle flammable? It went of in flames fast even though only part of it was sprayed.

Even more, why would Al bring something that was so personal to him to Tool Time, where he knew Tim would most likely destroy it?

I've wondered that so many times. He brings in his father's bicycle, his mother's tea cups, and his grandfather's skis even though they always end up being destroyed. Who would bring anything else after the first time something destroyed? You'd think at that point you'd bring nothing or things you don't like or care about. 

14 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I have no idea. Was the tricycle flammable? It went of in flames fast even though only part of it was sprayed.

I've wondered that so many times. He brings in his father's bicycle, his mother's tea cups, and his grandfather's skis even though they always end up being destroyed. Who would bring anything else after the first time something destroyed? You'd think at that point you'd bring nothing or things you don't like or care about. 

Goes back to him bringing in his Popsicle Stick Construction Crane. When the boys were over when we first saw the Tool Time Game. Al immediately tells the boys not to touch it, since Tim had already broke it. You think after the China Tea set he would have stop bringing things in.