Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3: To Volm or not to Volm, is that THE question?

Right first off let me say I find Falling Skies to be an awesome show, it is without doubt one of the best current shows out there;

I'm NOT going to compare it to game of thrones or any of the others as that's another topic imho.

While I think the show is great, one of the biggest downfalls so far was right at the end of season 2's finale episode "A More Perfect Union", in that the final shot shows the Volm landing and in particular the shot of the main Volm character that we come to know as "Cochise" landing in what appears to be quite clearly an alien pod, stepping out from this pod is a Volm soldier in a "Badass" VERY cool looking, alien suit & weapon.

Now bear in mind up to this point all that the 2nd Mass (2nd Massachusetts Militia Regiment) have been through, and the actual fact of what they are involved in ... (aka a battle for their survival) Vs aliens (aka: Skitters), and not even the so called, self styled "Badass" John Pope nor anyone else from the Berserkers (aka: what I personally call "jokingly" the Tarty Goon Squad) fires a single shot at these new invaders, or for that matter ANYONE else at all :o

Anyway, moving on from that little nugget is my main point, that, at the start of season 3's episode "On Thin Ice" we dont get to see what happened, all we know is that when the episode starts .....  it's six months later ...:O

To say I was very disappointed with that little skip is an understatement lol.

So I've now put the cat amongst the pigeons well and truly.

After mainlining the back half of S3 on Memorial Day--thanks, TNT--I'm mainly still puzzled about Alexis, the Starchild.  I've managed to reconcile everything else from that season (okay, maybe not Zombie Karen apparently still overtly jonesing for Hal, but as somebody actually said in an episode "MASON FAMILY DRAMA"), even Lourdes, but that specific thing just eludes the heck out of me.  Assuming it's not an accidental thing, why would the Espheni screw with either Tom or Anne's DNA to get that result?

While "V" were disguised aliens and clearly visible ships in a "normal" Earth versus the all out aliens on a destroyed Earth in Falling Skies. 

I agree that the writers dropped the ball by not allowing the audience to get to know Cochise and to understand the friendship that developed between him and Tom.  I remember reading that the writers didn't want to devote season three to having the 2nd Mass meeting the aliens because it's all been done before, but for me, I need to see those story beats in order to really invest in the new allies.

Regardless, I still enjoyed season three, although I didn't like Tom being the President, not that he wouldn't make a great president, but I love him as fighting soldier butting heads with people.  I felt the earlier part of the season dragged while Tom was stuck in the President role.  Once he gave up that power, the stories moved quickly, and I just love Tom and Weaver's relationship. I'm glad that friendship wasn't sacrificed in favor of Cochise.  That would have ticked me off.  I'm still wary about the "aging" Alexis, but I'll wait to see how that unfolds.

I can't wait for season four.  The promos look great.

• Love 1