Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Hive Queen

On 6/28/2017 at 0:27 PM, Mabinogia said:

What I do appreciate, that this show does, is if 6 people are picking something, they have 7 options, so that even the last person has a choice.

Yes!  I've always done this.  If you are allowing people to make a choice, then even the last person should have a choice, otherwise you've disenfranchised them and made them feel like they were stuck with something nobody else wanted.  Of course, that person may not get what they wanted, but at least they have some agency in their choice.  IIRC, wasn't that how Project Runway used to eliminate the models?  Tim would pull names out of the button bag, the designers would choose the models they wanted, and the last model standing was the one who got eliminated?

The thing I really hate about this foreman concept (and we've talked about it many times on many shows) is that the team leader, foreman, captain rarely has any power over the other contestants on the team.  They can't MAKE anyone do anything.  Then, when something doesn't work, the judges are all, Well, you should've managed this or Why didn't you make so-and-so do that?  They CAN'T.  If you're working in a real shop, your subordinates have to do what you say.  Here?  They've got to think about their own survival.  If they do what you say and it goes south, they get criticized for not "obeying" the foreman.  If they do their own thing, they run the risk of being cut for not being a team player.  It's all up to the whims of the judges.  I HATE that.

• Love 2