Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: In Pugatory's Shadow

A coded message from the Gamma Quadrant leads Garak to believe his mentor, Enabran Tain, is still alive. He and Worf seek him out, only to discover something much worse: a Dominion invasion fleet poised to attack the Alpha Quadrant.

OK, in terms of game changers this has got to rank up with the biggest: the Dominion Invasion is no longer just a theory, it's right here and the "Bashir is a Changeling!" was a complete bolt from the blue (and - Spoiler! - the hits keep coming next episode, too). And while I probably should have seen the "Tain is Garak's father" reveal coming first time, I didn't, though it certainly would explain how Garak was permitted to live when his former colleagues are all dead.

Did like the comedy moment with Bashir in the Internment Camp going, "I can only imagine what my replacement is doing back at the station!" Cut to (Not)Bashir sinisterly... bringing a plate of sandwiches. Even Garak's teasing of Worf raised a few smiles (even he seemed barely trying while lying to Worf).

• Love 1