Type keyword(s) to search

Geordie Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Yeah, I spent the whole episode waiting for Charlotte and/or Vicky to show up.  Disappointing.  I hope they are both single when they do enter the house.

It did make me laugh that Holly pied both Scott & Aaron the first night.

Marnie's an idiot...she actually thinks she's going to take Charlotte's place with Gaz.  Sorry, girl...he just wants to bang you.

ETA: I don't believe Gaz is catching feelings for Marnie.  I think he was a) doing the emotional drunk thing, & b) wants a storyline that doesn't (at least initially) involve Charlotte.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

The only time Gaz seems to GAF about Marnie is when he's already mortal, or close to it.  I'm just not buying him giving this much of a shit.  I think he was told to amp up his attraction to Marnie so that things can explode when Charlotte arrives. 

Speaking of Charlotte, can't believe we have to wait another episode to actually see her.  That's some BS.  Though I wonder if she was wrapping up taping on her solo show, The Charlotte Crosby Experience, & that's why she arrived later to the GS house.  & I so hope she's single & gives no fucks about Gaz.  I mean, I know she'll care, but I hope she hooks up with a bunch of guys not named Gary without rubbing his face in it.  Then Gaz will be back all over her, & it'll be "Marnie who?".  Meanwhile, Marnie will be butt hurt.  Unfortunately, I think Charlotte is still with Mitch, at least for now.  I've sen reports that they've been fighting while she's taping this show, so fingers crossed!  LOL

Kinda boring episode TBH.  I'm glad Vicky is back, but I can't wait for Charlotte to show up.  & I'm liking new "sassy" Holly, especially if she keeps it up.  Though part of me will miss her sucking off half the cast. ;)

• Love 2

Ugh, I can't stand Gaz and Marnie, so watching them together (and take up basically the entire show to boot) is just ruining this season for me. This is totally one of my guilty pleasures, but I may have to give it up if their "storyline" doesn't end soon. Gaz is a complete wanker, and Marnie just loves the attention of the boys fighting and arguing over her. 

I do love the Holly and Aaron stuff though! Despite myself, I love Holly; she seems like such a sweetheart (though of course a bit dull in terms of intelligence) and it's nice to see her being chased and having a boy go out of his way to do nice things for her. Although it looks like next week Vicky and Aaron go out on a date, so who knows! I usually love Vicky as the voice of reason and for putting these other idiots in their places, but I hate relationship Vicky when she starts using that baby voice when she's flirting. 

I agree with others that this season desperately needs Charlotte! It needs to focus on something else besides the gross and boring Gaz and Marnie saga!

• Love 2

She is a cousin of Sophie, right?

Yep.

The show seems to want to bring people on who are already known to the existing cast, so they can hit the ground running.

I think that's why they cast the two new guys (the second is still yet to come).

• Love 1

I don't understand why Gaz is upset.  He's attributing actions to Charlotte that she hasn't done.  Now do I think Charlotte really isn't bothered by Gaz banging Marnie (& only Marnie)?  No.  But she's doing her best to keep the past in the past & focus on the future with Mitch.  Gaz just immediately made his relationship with Marnie all about Charlotte, of course it won't work out!  Yeah, Charlotte didn't have to arrive during the double date, but that was so producer-driven the producers might as well have walked in with her yelling, "Action!".

& it looks like Aaron only wanted Holly until Vickie came back.  & I think he only wanted Holly in the first place because she was playing hard to get & he was bored.  Speaking of Holly, wow, James was just an ass to her!  He could have drank, I don't think Holly would have thought he had feelings for her still, but it would have been a nice, simple way to help Holly save face.

Next week should be good; not only more Charlotte, but we see Gaz going back to his horndog ways.  & Marnie trying to match him promises to be entertaining.  I may pop some corn & see if Charlotte wants to get mortal & watch the (sure to be hilarious) show. :)

• Love 1

I think James' cachet lies in being an original cast member.  But I have to think his time is coming to an end soon, especially if he & Kate continue their relationship.  Plus, he's boring.

• Love 1

I think my biggest problem with this season is how fake everyone/everything seems. While I'm sure it used to be at least partially producer driven, the show now feels more like everyone is just playing their roles and that the "storylines" are planned out ahead of time. I totally agree with you Once, that Charlotte's arrival just seemed completely staged and I don't buy that she just happened to come back when they were doing their double date. 

I also find the Gaz and Marnie stuff to be soooo incredibly boring. They just keep going around in circles and it's just been the same stuff for the past three episodes. I know that Gaz and Charlotte's relationship was basically the same, but Charlotte is awesome so I think I was able to still find it enjoyable because of her! But Gary is just gross to me at this point, and I just can't warm up to Marnie; I think she's a shit-stirrer who enjoys drama. 

Also, I normally love Vicki, but I can't stand when she just starts seeing a guy; her "flirting" affectations (the pouting lips, playing with her hair, the baby voice) drive me nuts, and I wish she'd cut it out and just be her normal, badass, outspoken self!

Poor Holly! I do think she still has a crush on James, and even though she knows nothing will come of it, it would still hurt to have him just totally disregard what they had with each other. I just want Holly to find a nice boy who sees how great she is, and live happily ever after! lol

• Love 1

I also find the Gaz and Marnie stuff to be soooo incredibly boring. They just keep going around in circles and it's just been the same stuff for the past three episodes. I know that Gaz and Charlotte's relationship was basically the same, but Charlotte is awesome so I think I was able to still find it enjoyable because of her! But Gary is just gross to me at this point, and I just can't warm up to Marnie; I think she's a shit-stirrer who enjoys drama.

Well said!  At least Charlotte & Gaz were entertaining in their dysfunction.  Marnie & Gaz are boring city.  & Marnie is annoying, I wish Sophie was back & Marnie would leave.

• Love 1

Sophie was much better in the little interviews they do commenting on the happenings in the show.  I don't know or can't think of what those little interviews are called, or if they even have a name for them.

Talking Heads or THs.

• Love 1

All eyes are on Gary and Marnie. Charlotte is in tears after Gary and Aaron blame her for creating a boy-girl divide, and the crew take Tash to Manchester to share the Geordie approach.

I changed the description, I think TVDB was confused. :)

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

I don't want to see Vicky/Gaz simply because I don't think they mesh like that.  It would be Vicky/Rickie or Charlotte/Gaz but worse, IMO.  & the new guy is someone Charlotte slept with a few seasons ago (just like Holly dated Aaron & he's friends with Gaz).  I figure we'll see more Scott once he starts drunk-fighting with the furniture & if the Buck Squad gets back in action properly.

• Love 1

It makes me laugh that Aaron said he's never said anything bad about any of the girls.  Really?  I remember you blaming Charlotte for the divide in the house when it was really your (& Gaz's) stupid relationship drama that did it.  Plus, he has been less than complimentary to the girls before.  Yeah, they were shits to talk smack about him, but it's not that big of a deal.

• Love 1

New boy Kyle gets settled into the house by spending the night with Holly, and the Geordies take Tash on Tours international as they jet off to Reykjavik, Iceland for some serious partying.

• Love 1

I liked seeing Charlotte make it back in time to go to Iceland.  I didn't want her leaving for several episodes before returning.

I knew Holly would catch feelings for Kyle, she always does.  I did laugh when Vicki didn't give two shits about Holly & Kyle hooking up.

Damn, I don't know why these gals are always so surprised that the lads constantly try to pull...& put pulling over the "family" when everyone is mortal. It happens Every. Damn.  Time.  It cracked me up that Gaz & Aaron managed to lose their chicks at the zero hour, though.  I'd feel bad for them if Gaz didn't bang every chick with a pulse.

Oh & I cannot wait for next week!  Once Aaron finds out about Gaz plucking Marnie right after Scott, I get the feeling Marnie & Aaron will bang almost immediately. 

• Love 1

After checking out the local guys, girls and geysers in Iceland the Geordies head back to the Toon. Aaron and Scott find out the truth about Gary and Marnie, and Gary's dubious 'Lad Code'.

• Love 1

So Aaron is the only guy in the house who hasn't been with Holly?

I don't remember her hooking up with Gaz.

I can't work up much interest in Marnie.  I think she's just too nice and dull for TGS.

Too dull?  Definitely.  Too nice?  Debatable, imo.

The Vicky/Gaz tash on seemed very producer-manipulated.  But maybe they were just drunk enough to make out.  Doesn't explain next week, but still...

Gary has only ever cared about "the lad code" when it benefits him. 

I loved Charlotte's reactions to everything going on.  I could not stop laughing.

• Love 1

Will Aaron and Marnie finally get together, and will Scott and Gary make up? Meanwhile, Charlotte and Holly announce Geordie Shore's first-ever wedding. Last in the series.

Edited by OnceSane
updated episode description
  • Love 1

Oops, I was wrong.  The two tortoises married instead.  I couldn't believe Gaz told Charlotte it could have been them back in the day.  WTF?  Methinks he may try to get it in with her again next season since she's single (& I'm guessing still will be then).  It does crack me up that the tortoises are named Michelle & Sheldon.

& I know Gaz & Vicky didn't fuck, otherwise the producers would have shown the sex.  They did with everyone else all season long.  So a few kisses (alcohol & producer-driven at that, imo), & that's what they admitted to doing.

Nice to see Holly not totally lose herself over a guy, but we'll see what happens next season.

Speaking of the next season, it premieres October 28th.  I think this may be the fastest turnaround between seasons yet.

• Love 1

I'm digging Charlotte & Gaz as friends. I hope it continues. Speaking of friends, "Harlotte(harlot) is back!"…loved that!

I can't wait to see Vicky drunk with power, especially since we now know this is her last season.

Aaron is an idiot, & I'm sure Marnie will fuck him long before season's end.

• Love 1

Hello All. This is my first time posting here.  (that was just to get that out of the way.)

I am really sad. I just marathoned the Geordie Shore from the beginning and now I have to wait for episodes like a normal person. :)  I must mention that I am soooooo happy that Holly got rid of her awful dyed hair. I loved the colors but it always looked so dead and dull. I like Vickies new blond hair but only when she doesn't bother to add the extensions. It looks cute on her. 

• Love 1