Type keyword(s) to search

What is with them and their guns

I'm just so pissed that this needs it's own topic

From Feb 1, 2017

1)  We start the episode off with Bear cleaning his 1911.  He does this by pointing the gun straight at his chest and cycling the action multiple times.  Even Mr Cupcake disaproved of the potentially lethal way of treating even a demonstrably unloaded weapon.

2) Then Bear asks for cooking oil so he can pour it on his several hundred dollar gun to lube it up.  Do I need to point out how dumb that is?

3)  Rain and Matt go hunting, and lacking binoculars, they use their scopes on their rifles to see what is rustling in the woods.  You never scope anything with your rifle mounted scope that you don't want to shoot.  Lacking binoculars?  Either save your pennies or squint real hard.

4)  Rain and almost shoot a deer standing on a road.  I don't know about Alaska, but everywhere else shooting on or along a trail or road is illegal.  There is no reason to believe that the road wasn't in use.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

I'm just so pissed that this needs it's own topic

From Feb 1, 2017

1)  We start the episode off with Bear cleaning his 1911.  He does this by pointing the gun straight at his chest and cycling the action multiple times.  Even Mr Cupcake disaproved of the potentially lethal way of treating even a demonstrably unloaded weapon.

2) Then Bear asks for cooking oil so he can pour it on his several hundred dollar gun to lube it up.  Do I need to point out how dumb that is?

3)  Rain and Matt go hunting, and lacking binoculars, they use their scopes on their rifles to see what is rustling in the woods.  You never scope anything with your rifle mounted scope that you don't want to shoot.  Lacking binoculars?  Either save your pennies or squint real hard.

4)  Rain and almost shoot a deer standing on a road.  I don't know about Alaska, but everywhere else shooting on or along a trail or road is illegal.  There is no reason to believe that the road wasn't in use.

Well, I haven't watched the latest laugh fest, but their lack of gun safety and hunting practices ranks right up with my disgust over the way they treat/trash tools. I guess the tools bother me more because I grew up surrounded by carpenters who were real craftsmen and I learned early on that it was WRONG to mistreat tools. Today, the height of my mistreatment of tools would probably be the occasional whack of a stuck nut with a wrench.

• Love 2

Finally watched, and suggest we could also add fishing to this topic. Good grief, for someone who has supposedly fished for decades, Ami sure doesn't know how to cast a line! I been fishing with preschoolers who figured out how better after their first couple attempts.

Edited by SRTouch
Spelling
  • Love 1

They can have new shovels , cordless drills and even a chainsaw powered winch , but can't spring for binoculars , gun slings or proper gun lubricant ?

Doesn't matter how they treat their guns anyway. They don't act like people that actually hunt. A good hunter uses a rest to shoot from. Leaning against a tree is better than standing in the middle of a field like them . Plus I've seen them shoot at a deer , then immediately run after it. No real hunter would do that, even if they saw the deer drop.

What I wonder about is with all of the criminal background we have heard about, and one of the kids going to rehab for long term alcohol abuse, are any of them disqualified fron having access to firearms? People who couldn't successfully take care of a pet rock are not a good mix with firearms (for the record I am a strong supporter of the second amendment but these people are scary in their irresponsibilty and stupidity).

• Love 2

Which is why the need to live in the bush where big gubmint don't have no right nor reason to force them to live in their little boxes...

Okay, yes, that was that new thing called sarcasm. Obviously a few of them shouldn't be able to have guns (and yes, I am also a believer in the 2nd amendment as well as all the rest--but I also have a brain and recognize reality).