Type keyword(s) to search

Current Event: Police involved shootings

I titled the thread generally, but I really wanted to discuss a specific case.  Today a mistrial was declared in the case of Michael Slager, the South Carolina cop who was recorded on camera gunning down Walter Scott.  I'm sure everyone has seen the video of Scott running away and Slager shooting him several times in his back.  Slager reportedly was "in fear of his life". 

The result of this case is troubling to me on several levels.  For one, this is the most basic example of police brutality/ourright murder ever recorded.  What is ambiguous or confusing about what happened?  Im asking seriously.  From what I've read one juror held out telling the judge he couldn't "in good conscious" convict Slager.  In good conscious?  Really?  I'd like to know why. Is it just because Slager was a cop or because Scott was black (and hey black lives dont matter anyway right)?  What could Slager have possibly said to justify what we actually saw on the tape.

I'm upset for this man's family. It appears for now, they'll be denied justice.  I'm upset for all black people across the country who have (always had) a legitimate reason to be fearful any and everytime they encounter a police officer.  

I think Slager is up on federal charges as well so hopefully, this piece of shit will be spending a good portion of the rest of his life in prison.

• Love 5
On 12/5/2016 at 4:19 PM, FuriousStyles said:

I'm upset for all black people across the country who have (always had) a legitimate reason to be fearful any and everytime they encounter a police officer.  

Relations between the police and the Black community aren't going to get any better any time soon if some cops keep doing stuff like this:

Fired Miami cops joked about using black neighborhoods for target practice

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article123630154.html

• Love 1