Type keyword(s) to search

Sex Criminals

Omar G.
  • Start Topic

I really only picked this up because I've fallen in love with Matt Fraction's work ("Hawkeye," "FF" in particular).  I was expecting a weird sex farce and that's kinda how it starts out, but it's actually pretty revelatory about human sexuality (especially for those of us who grew up in the scrambled cable/VCR days) in ways I wasn't expecting and seems to be going a lot deeper (sorry) than you would think.

Really great work and perhaps the best fourth-printing cover of all time.

Edited by Omar G.
  • Love 1

I read both FF and Fantastic Four recent runs all the way through and was kinda disappointed toward the end (in that I had no idea what the Hell was going on after a while).  I vastly preferred FF to Fantastic.  Just had a more fun, family vibe. I would read a comic of just those kids from FF written by Fraction, but alas.  How's Pretty Deadly?

(edited)

IMO. Matt Fraction is one of the top writers penning comics today.

And this book absolutely lives up to it's initial hype.  Once you get past the initial "OMG! A comic about SEX"? it's actualyl extremely well-written and clever, with flawed yet likeable characters.  And it does have quite a visceral punch to it, as well, making the reader actualyl have to pause and THINK about what they've just read, and what it says about the human condition.

And ITA about the cover for the 4th priting. (The TPB goes into a bit of detail about how it was created cross-coastally, with 2 seperate photos and a bunch of editing.)

Edited by ShadowDenizen
  • Love 1