Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E22: Smokey Taylor and a Deathbed Confession

I think this show has greatly improved over the course of this season.  I found the finale to be very enjoyable.  It had some good laughs and also some very touching moments.  I cringed when the daughter changed her mind about giving up the baby for adoption.  Thank goodness she changed back!  She wasn't ready to be a mom so it was clearly the right thing for her to do.  It was also the right thing to do story-wise as a newborn baby would have killed all the progress this show has made.  I am very interested to see where they take this show next season!

This show has been on my most underrated list most of the season and the finale really delivered (not just a baby).  Maybe a couple jokes were tired, but overall, very funny.  And the scene with the baby was simple--and pretty devastating. 

Would love to see Ms. Faris and Ms. Janney up for Emmys for this.

• Love 1

Great season finale. This show has come so far from the God-awful first couple of episodes. Really glad they did not have Violet decide to keep the baby. I would have liked to see the adoptive parents get to meet their baby but I guess it made sense that we didn't since this isn't their story. Do we know if Mom is renewed for next year? I can't wait to see where it goes from here.