Type keyword(s) to search

The BFG (2016)

Kromm
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Okay, in theory the combination of Roald Dahl, Disney and Spielberg (as the actual director) should equal almost 100% assured classic.

That said, while I like a lot of what I see in these trailers, something about the CGI really bothers me. It seems to still fall too much of the side of cartoony. Yes, this is based on an illustrated kids book, and the actual character designs should (and do) reflect that. I'm talking more about the subtitles of coloration/shading, shadows, and some of the motion. Some of this just reinforces how much better practical effects (and even puppetry) can be, because they at least shade/color/shadow correctly.

The newer of the two trailers, just released:

The first one from April:

And the Teaser from last December (which I prefer of all of these, because it actually sets the mood really well but leaves some mystery):

Edited by Kromm