Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Where There's Smoke

• Start Topic

It is official. Les Moonves has had a complete break from reality. CBS is now home to what basically amounts to a rogue unit in Hawaii that gets to do whatever it wants-including tracking down your escaped convict husband; a show about some Mensa rejects and their American idol eye candy; Criminal Minds a show that I cannot fathom is still on television, and this absurd little show. I was so dumbfounded that Sam entered that fire with no mask I actually rewound to make sure I didn't miss it falling off or something. Can't cover up the pretty! Out of all the absurd, batshit, inexplicable things this show has done, that is the bat-shittiest. And that includes an ep where an undercover agent gets in over his head and SHOOTS SOMEONE WITH NO REPURCUSSIONS! I can't even believe that NCIS, Madam Secretary and The Good Wife are on the same network.

Yes. I realize I have drawn an arbitrary line for a show that ups the crazy and bananas foster every week. For a 60 second scene where the boys got to play hero. No one in editing thought - hey! All the other firefighters are wearing their masks! Maybe the guys should wear theirs to sell it a little bit more.

At this rate, I'm thinking Hetty will be killed and Anna named new unit head in the finale! Not any crazier than this other shit!!

• Love 2

If you're looking for realism, this is not the show for you. But our guys on the DVD cover always have whatever skills or training is needed, speak whichever language the bad guys do, etc. I chalk it up to lazy writing.

That said, it wasn't a bad ep. It had some nice callbacks to previous episodes, some reminders of character background, and a hint that the long dragged out mole thing ( I can't even call it a storyline) might finally be coming to a resolution. Problem is, I stopped caring about the mole a long time ago.

Oh yeah, and no mention of Anna. That's a relief.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2016 at 5:36 AM, Jaybird said:

If you're looking for realism, this is not the show for you. But our guys on the DVD cover always have whatever skills or training is needed, speak whichever language the bad guys do, etc. I chalk it up to lazy writing.

Tee! agreed!!

• Love 1