Type keyword(s) to search

Roger's Marathon Diary: After Fifteen-Plus Years of Excuses, A Grown Boy Watches Gilmore Girls For the First Time

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

It's one of my favorite lines of the season, right up there with Emily's "You're pleased that the ice man looked at you like a porterhouse steak."

I agree. I love this line!

Does the series finale reveal that each episode has been a short story written by Rory in the future? Or by her daughter? Or Rory in the present day, except she never knew her mother, and all of the stories were some sort of wish fulfillment thing? Nah, I would have heard about that. (Also, super-dark.)

This would have been so, so awesome.

Great dairy! I'm really looking forward to more. There are so many moments and story arcs I'd forgotten/repressed.

"The ice man," of course, is Luke. The Luke and Lorelai stuff got old for me very quickly. On paper, Luke is a likable enough fellow, and one of the few people who can appreciate Lorelai and Rory, and his paternal feelings toward the latter is charming. Maybe it's because I know Lorelai and Luke become an item in the future, but every single scene with the two, right from the very beginning, leads me to think about all the small ways in which they aren't the OTP of the universe.

Aaaaand now I love you.

But no Sookie/Melissa McCarthy! It goes against my nature, but I'll be generous just this once and assume that ASP figured she couldn't afford her now.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2