Type keyword(s) to search

Lip Sync Battle UK

Not sure it's worth it's own forum. but if anyone's found it YouTubed or otherwise streamed it's... interesting. Mel B. = LL and Professor Green = Chrissy, minus the Breast-fest.

Most of the celebs will be pretty much unknown to US audiences, then again even the US show delved into dumb sitcom actors, soap and reality stars eventually.

So far I see two problems with it.  First, they're using guests that don't know each other.  I think a big part of what makes LSB work is that most of the pairs they bring in have some sort of pre-existing relationship, either personal or professional, and that helps them play off each other.  LSBUK is just taking random celebs and throwing them in.  Second is the camera work.  US occasionally cuts away to reaction shots from either LL and the competition or Chrissy, but usually it's a long shot of the performance with the others in the background.  UK is constantly cutting to closeups of the bar, Green, the crowd, the balcony, 2 seconds of the performance, back to Mel B, back to the crowd.  When Chrissy does her little bits singing along, she's facing the stage.  Green is looking straight into the camera over the audience, ignoring the stage completely.  I started paying more attention while trying to figure out what exactly was bothering me with the UK one.  In the US one, the only time you see the faces of the audience is after the song ends or the celeb goes into the crowd.  The UK spends as much time on crowd reaction shots as they do on the stage at all.

I think they can make it work, but it needs some polishing.