Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: 500 Years of Solitude

With her impending death, 500-year-old Katherine reminisces about her life and the night she gave birth in 1490. Stefan informs Elena, Caroline and Bonnie that Katherine doesn't have long to live. Damon, Matt and Jeremy talk about Katherine's infamous moments. Stefan and Elena are forced to help Nadia save her mother. Caroline indulges in some scandalous behavior. Katherine and Elena share a moment of bonding.

I thought this was a good episode, though it probably could have been longer to accommodate the fan-servicey stuff they tried to cram in for the 100th. I really didn't care for Damon's offloading all his terrible actions onto Katherine, or on his mental torture--I know she's awful and has done terrible things, but I felt like that was over the top. I actually would have found it more interesting for Damon to be a little conflicted about her death. He supposedly loved her for 150 years. If I were Elena, I'd be a little alarmed at how far he went the other direction simply because she rejected him.

Anyway, Katherine's flashbacks were even more moving this time around, and I knew I was being manipulated but I cried anyway. Didn't help to have them interspersed with Alaric, Vicki, etc. I missed all of their faces.

• Love 1

I started crying when Vicki came on screen and I didn't even like her! Alaric however = sobbing. I wish they could bring him back somehow! No one else on this damn show dies forever! Why Alaric!?

• Love 1