Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Is there a pattern?

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Something has been bothering me for several seasons of the PR collection, and it seems to be getting worse.
There is no appreciation or consideration for how reproducible the fashions are.

Color blocking as it used to be practices was more Mondrian, large pieces of color worked together for balance of the colors and the blocks.  And because of a limited number of blocked pieces, the outfits could be sized up or (ha, ha) down easily and maybe even retain some modicum of flattering a potential buyer.

I will leave it to others to wonder how much time it takes to bedazzle something so it can be sat on without total destruction (of the dress and butt).

But the 'fashions' that are glue gun amalgums, that are slapped together and only reproducible in a very generalized way....these things take hours to slap together.  They can't be sized up or down with any ease of action, and many of them wouldn't want to be sized up, even if it were practical.  

The color blocking used to be a mark of care taken in fabric cut and subsequent fabrication.  Now it's toss it on the model and see if it looks sort of right. 

I don't like sloppy construction.  Remembering how Anya made a sketch and had not given a thought as to how it would be cut out, much less assembled.  That may have been the beginning of what I call fantasy runway.  Sketch it and then toss fabric.  And don't look too close at the finished product.

And don't have pets, because loose threads are one step away from being pet toys.

• Love 1