Type keyword(s) to search

Matt Donovan: Token Human

He's the only real boy on this show now right? I mean in the main cast... though I guess his gypsy curse has made him not fully human. I don't know. I like Matt. I wish his life were easier.

Heee! Yes! I do realize I'm half in this for the eye candy. Off topic but speaking of shirts and eye candy have you watched Arrow? Man. The CW is really going all in for the girls lately which is nice for a change!

• Love 1

I've gotten the feeling I should be watching that (and not The Tomorrow People, which has not lived up to my hopes at ALL. Except for John). Might have to switch over. Although sometimes I feel odd watching the CW, seeing as I'm old enough to be their target demographic's...aunt. Not too old, but an aunt nonetheless.

Vampire Diaries always makes me feel super old... Arrow is nice because the main characters are actually in their mid 20's so it's not *quite* as bad (still much younger than me as well). Season 1 of Arrow is on Netflix.

• Love 1

Highly recommend Arrow for eye candy and quality comic book television. It's a delight. I have all of Tomorrow People on Tivo and haven't watched a single ep. Might never do that.

Ah, anyway! Matt Donovan. Matt was the secret MVP of last season, if not also the season prior. I wish they would give him a better (or any) story this year. I really love him and am always terrified he's about to be killed off. But we need one truly human character, and he is it. I think they made a mistake when they killed Alaric--not really understanding how important he and the dynamic he created were to the show. (I know Matt Davis had that shitty series in the works, but they could have done something less permanent to the character to keep the door open) (no, the Other Side doesn't count.) (and I'm pretty sure he's going to make the final transition to the afterlife tonight, sobbing forever.) Anyway, killing Matt would cause the same problem. No more humans to protect or care about. Too much superpower, nothing to ground it.

• Love 1

Matt is the best! I'm so glad Jeremy gave his ring to Matt because at least I feel like he's a little safer. 

If what you're saying about Alaric comes true tonight I'm with you on the sobbing forever. Last season I was unspoiled and didn't know he was going to show up and when he did I legit cried for the rest of the episode. I loved him. Stupid Cult (that was the awful show he went over to. I'm still mad about it).