Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Episode 5

Yeah, I was only going from memory, but my point was that he was impressed at how little it was. Too often we get "X happened leading to a mistake in the transcription of one line of code and now he's Robo-Mozart!" so I was glad to see it was a huge (apparently one man) effort to give Synths sentience. I guess the latest version of Windows has over a million lines of code and that is positively retarded compared to most Synths we see. I must have misremembered the "pages" comment, because it strikes me as a particularly meaningless measure - surely a computer programmer would say something along the lines of either "17000 lines" or "17 MB/GB", but I can I guess the writers aren't programmers!

When we have humanoid robots in 10 years or whenver, it will probably require more like 17 terabytes to emulate the complexities of sapient mammals.

I think the term "consciousness" was a bad choice in making Humans different from "free will" in Real Humans.  Many of the synths seem self aware, how is that unlike conscious?  Also the Children of David have other qualities - they recognise human emotions and have a sense of humour, and have more natural body movements to the extent that one could impersonate a human for months.

On 8/2/2015 at 8:06 PM, editorgrrl said:

For years I've watched UK shows with entire scenes lopped off for US broadcast. It's not just commercial networks, either—even PBS does it.

But this is pretty awful. Does anyone know if the On Demand versions are any more complete?

I'm watching in the U.S. using Amazon Prime and the scenes are cut out. It's frustrating. Why can't we see the whole episode here if we are watching it without commercial breaks?

Pete continues to be the worst. What kind of rude asshole takes advantage of his partner's generosity in allowing him to stay at her house after his wife kicks him out by bursting into her room first thing in the morning without even knocking? Even if I didn't know anything else about him, that would be enough to make me think he's a total jerk.

Awww, Max is so sweet. When he said that he wanted to have a picture of him and Leo when they find a new home, my heart melted. I felt bad when Leo later told him that Max was better off without him. Poor Max!

Toby can be a wanker, but when he confessed to having sex with Anita so that Laura wouldn't know it was actually Joe, I was shocked.