Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Mother

I did question why the US version was ten episodes when the Australian version was six or seven episodes.  Based on what I'm reading, it appears that a lot of filler and red herrings were added to pad out the ten episodes.  I think had the show even settled on eight episodes, the viewer would have been spared some of the filler.

I'm just hoping that the killer is different in this version then in the original version.  The one difference is how the wife is written/portrayed in this version vs. the Australian version.

Cornell is at the cop shop and gets a call from Elaine. She tells Cornell that Ben asked her to call about Abby being missing. She asks for a unit to go check it out. Then after she gets off the phone with Elaine, another cop comes up and says she's got new troubles at her "cul-de-sac of crazy." There has been a complaint file: "She" says "he" raped her. My speculation is that Jess' eerie smile is about her getting even with Ben's disloyalty by accusing him of rape.

Thank you for that, sjohnson! That explains why Cornell asked Ben if he'd raped Jess in Ep. 10. That was another thing that came out of left field for me.