Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Shapes

This episode borders on absurdity and is a total snoozefest, but there is one moment I enjoy -

SHERIFF TSKANY: Tregoes believe that the recent dead are unsettled by their new condition as spirits. Any desecration of the body angers the spirit and keeps it haunting this world.

SCULLY: But you're a law enforcement officer. You can't destroy evidence.

SHERIFF TSKANY: Don't tell me what I can't do. Native Americans believe that their law is greater and more just than that of the U.S. government. If they want Joe at rest rather than used as a piece of evidence, that's the way it's gonna be. If you want to make an issue out of it - your higher authority - go right ahead.

(He walks away from them.)

MULDER: Charlie? Do you believe that the spirit of Joe Goodensnake is in that room?

SHERIFF TSKANY: (turning back to him) All I know is - tomorrow, day after - you're gonna leave. But I have to stay here. I've gotta answer to these people. You can continue your investigation, but you're gonna have to do it without Joe Goodensnake's body.

Sometimes I think it's good for Mulder and Scully both to be reminded that the people assisting them in their investigations, still have to live here and work with these people long after M/S are gone and have forgotten about this case.  Sometimes there's a greater good in just letting something go "unsolved".