Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel!  One of my favorite Season 1 episodes, and our first Max Fenig episode.   :)  So if I ramble, I apologize.

So in this episode we have hovering "meteors," and invisible, electrocuting aliens.  Deep Throat is the one who clues Mulder into the crash scene.  Mulder meets Max Fenig, who in their first conversation throws out a "Trust no one."  So Mulder is Max, and Max is Mulder, and they are all together.  Scully is also very unimpressed to have to go bail Mulder out of conspiracy nut jail.

I also can't get enough of Mulder's "The Last Detail starring Dana Scully."   It never ceases to amuse me. 

That and: 

x-files-enigmatic-dr-scully.gif

And this bit between Max and Mulder:

MULDER: I didn't think anyone was really paying attention

MAX FENIG: Somebody's always paying attention Mr. Mulder.

My only real gripe with this episode is that they couldn't even keep track of what ear Max's mark was behind.  When he is laying on the bed he's on his left side, with his right ear up and Mulder sees the mark.  Then when Mulder is looking at the photos and talking to Scully, he tells Scully the mark was behind Max's left ear.  It's just a small thing, but it has always driven me crazy.

Now trying to fit this episode into the conspiracy, we now know the following:

There are aliens and a government conspiracy

Aliens take people.  Sometimes they leave marks on the lower back, sometimes they leave marks behind the ear (implant in cerebellum)  These can make your nose and/or ears bleed.

Aliens can be invisible and seem to radiate people to kill them

Max floats in the air all suspended animation like Samantha when being taken (although I don't think we've seen Samantha being taken yet, just heard Mulder tell the story)

Any other important mytharc pieces we should keep track of?  So far we just have the Pilot, Conduit, and Fallen Angel to go off of as far as info.

And both of them were just too pretty in this episode:

cap328.jpg

cap422.jpg

• Love 1