Type keyword(s) to search

Tucker Des Lauriers: The Man and His Scheme

• Start Topic

I can't abide him, and I worry I'm sullying a fine film (with a pre-Heathers Christian Slater in a minor role, which I had forgotten) by association, but I never could resist an opportunity for a pun, so…

(I actually saw not one, but two, of the few remaining Tuckers extant in 1989, as I was moving across the country.  First I stopped at the Henry Ford Museum [back when I was Jewish and yet had no trepidation about visiting Dearborn MI] and saw the one there, and then as I was heading for the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore, I stopped at the lesser-known Pioneer Auto Show in Murdo SD [which looks as though it started in somebody's back yard and just grew] and saw theirs as well.)

Anyhow as much as I dislike so much about Tuck the [I Hope] Schmuck, I do admit he's pretty good at these competitions and he's willing to shake up the game.  So some points, at least.

(But…ewww.  Really, Kimo?  Really ???)

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
(edited)

Team Tucker for the win!  He's the only one playing albeit not too smartly but I don't care.  He brings some entertainment to this otherwise dull show.

I want action, excitement and want to drown anyone going all icky poo about "blood on their hands" and "voting with the house."  (Watched too many swimming events from Paris recently).

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

It's a pity that I like that film so much, or I'd be tempted to change the title to "Tucker Des Lauriers:  One is the Loneliest 'Numbers'", with appropriate musical accompaniment.

(From a special on WTTW-11, the Chicago PBS station, in 1975.)

Seriously, Bro, when you claim to "have the numbers" and get literally nobody to vote along with you, it's fair to say you've clearly misread the room.

Aside from that, outing Kimo as a rat was a completely stupid move.  Why would you a) out the source who was giving you your enemy (Quinn)'s secret plans and b) burn a friendship with an ally who would have been very likely loyal?

Well, to quote my favorite Buffster:

e1146adaf89ef13ab6de559db34a30b4.jpg

Seriously, burning Kimo seems like a very dumb play.  Tuck may be a Zach Rance wannabe, but Zach never did this to Frankie.  (Although arguably he should have, for many reasons.)

We'll see how this plays out, but Tucker may well have Tucked himself.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 3