Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Innocence leaves when you discover cruelty. First in others, then in yourself.

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Maddie scores a big interview but struggles to be respected at The Star.

Cleo starts implementing her plan as Shell learns troubling information.

Air Date: Aug 02, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is quite an unsettling episode — angry Stephan breaking into Maddie’s apartment, Allan Durst lashing out at Maddie and Cleo’s inevitable murder on late Christmas eve. 

Via flashback, we see Allan sexually assaulted Maddie by the lake where Tessie’s body was found. He was really rude to her. Maddie tells Ferdie that she’s been intimately involved with 3 men. Is Allan the bio dad?

Seeing Seth getting slapped by Maddie is so satisfying. That kid needs a personality transplant to be a decent human being.

Maddie is now officially employed by The Baltimore Star as their Helpline Assistant. It’s a start. For her, journalism is not only about uncovering the truths but it’s also about reinventing herself.

This episode humanizes Reggie by showing him crying at what he’s about to do to Cleo. Cleo’s murder is done off-screen. We only see Reggie disposing her body at the lake. Is he the killer though? Reggie is the only connection between Cleo and Tessie.

These episodes pack a ton in them.

Is Allan Maddie's son's father? She told Ferdie that only slept with 3 men, 2 being him and Milton. I guess the first one could have been someone other than Allan.

I assume Reggie killed Cleo since she was waiting for him with the money and he seemed to be driving alone.  I guess he could have picked someone up along the way.

I appreciated that Cleo's murder was done offscreen. It's been hard not to root for her getting away despite the fact that we know she is dead from the first episode.

Seems logical that Reggie did it but I guess we'll find out.

I really wanted Maddie to shout out to the whole party that Allan raped her. Seems very possible that he is Seth's biological father. They sure have the same hateful personality.