Type keyword(s) to search

Find Me Falling (2024)

• Start Topic

Did anyone watch this?  I watched it because I like Harry Connick Jr. and I didn’t hate it but the cheese factor was high.  The acting subpar and I felt there was no chemistry between him and his true love.  And why didn’t the singer (won’t say who she is to avoid spoilers) have an accent?  A small Greek town she grew up in and she sounded like she was from California. 

• Like 1

I watched it.  I kind of liked the beginning, especially the very dark reason his house was "famous" on the island.  I know some critics didn't like that it was treated so lightly but I liked the dark humor aspect of it. 

But then they leaned almost too much into the fact that it was a suicide spot and it kind of lost me. 

On 7/21/2024 at 8:56 AM, Laurie4H said:

And why didn’t the singer (won’t say who she is to avoid spoilers) have an accent?

I didn't mind that she spoke English so well but I did expect to get some background on why she didn't have an accent.  Singers are often good about picking up accents, but it's still the kind of accent that would probably need at least a year of studying abroad.  And it never made sense why she'd speak English with other locals on the island.  I respect that they don't want a heavily subtitled movie, although there was more Greek than I expected, but that could easily be done by having the restaurant owner be from Australia.  Or London.   

• Love 1