Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Noticed this yesterday. PMing with other posters, but the notifications that I received a PM in my email didn't arrive until late yesterday afternoon/evening.

I had been exchanging pms in the morning and early afternoon. Usually, I get the email almost at the same time I receive the PM on the site.

Not sure if it's a one time glitch or if something needs to be adjusted.

Google/Chrome/Windows 10

iPhone 15 Pro Max/Safari (latest OiS)

Not for nothing, but Yahoo email (and I can see this directly in the email logs on the server) can get really grumpy with too many emails from one source over a short period of time. It's not so much an "us" problem but a "Yahoo" problem. 

It still goes through, but they (Yahoo) purposely delay accepting the email.

This site is going to use a trusted email provider for outbound-from-the-server emails in the near future to maybe smooth this over but Yahoo might still Yahoo if you know what I mean...

Email is a hellscape on the provider side these days and trust is hard to come by (or create) and so here we are.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, CM-BlueButterfly said:

Can you tell if it's still an issue? Do you get other notifications as well or just PM notifications? If it's the former, is the delay limited to PM notifications? 

I only get PM notifications in my Yahell emails. And until the day before yesterday, they always were immediate.

8 hours ago, AllAstronauts said:

Not for nothing, but Yahoo email (and I can see this directly in the email logs on the server) can get really grumpy with too many emails from one source over a short period of time. It's not so much an "us" problem but a "Yahoo" problem. 

It still goes through, but they (Yahoo) purposely delay accepting the email.

This site is going to use a trusted email provider for outbound-from-the-server emails in the near future to maybe smooth this over but Yahoo might still Yahoo if you know what I mean...

Email is a hellscape on the provider side these days and trust is hard to come by (or create) and so here we are.

Ya know? That makes total sense. So I'll just blame this on Yahell, and hope it corrects itself. Maybe.