Type keyword(s) to search

Countdown - Anticipation

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Following a suspicious murder in broad daylight, which leads to LAPD officer Mark Meachum (Jensen Ackles) being recruited to join a secret task force of undercover agents from all branches of law enforcement to investigate. But as the truth of a more sinister plot comes into focus, the team must overcome their conflicting personal agendas to unite and save a city of millions.

Amber Oliveras (Jessica Camacho) is a Special Agent, Drug Enforcement Agency with 14 years on the job. Undercover in multiple operations. She’s a badass who won’t take crap from anyone. She’s intrigued by this new opps team and though she seems to do well enough on her own, it’ll be a nice change of pace working with others.

Nathan Blythe (Eric Dane), Special Agent in Charge, who’s been with the Bureau for 22 years. Military cut, trim, fit and packing an imposing glare, he’s seen a lot in his days on the job, and he has a passion for fighting for justice. Though this isn’t his first task force he’s led, this one is different. He had already been looking into a potential deal going on with a foreign player trying to buy off DHS officers, but was denied when he tried to open an investigation. He took matters into his own hands and started going around certain people and keeping things tightly locked, including this opps team. He carefully assembled and handpicked everyone on it and doesn’t hesitate to light a fire under them. He wants this solved by any means necessary.

About The Show:

Prime Video has greenlighted Countdown, a thriller drama series from One Chicago veteran Derek Haas, with Supernatural alum Jensen Ackles attached to star. The project, from Amazon MGM Studios, has received a rare for a streaming series 13-episode order.

This is the first series to come out of an exclusive overall deal Haas has signed with Amazon MGM Studios following his exit from Wolf Entertainment. The project was developed for Ackles who last year entered a first-look deal with Amazon MGM Studios for Chaos Machine Prods., his company with wife Danneel Ackles, after he had joined the cast of the hit Prime Video series The Boys.

The series comes from #OneChicago franchise veteran and FBI: International co-creator Derek Haas, who will serve as executive producer and showrunner as part of an overall deal with Amazon MGM Studios.

Platform: Amazon Prime Video

Premiere: TBA 

spacer.png

Eric Dane | Jessica CamachoJensen Ackles

Eric Dane is offering an update on when Countdown will start filming and sharing the good vibes that he has about the cast so far.

“You Look Fucking Sexy”: Eric Dane, in Conversation With Jacob Elordi

I’m starting a show in September called Countdown for Amazon. It’s a very cool concept. The cast that’s been established so far has been like, “I get where their heads are at.” They’re getting really good actors. And from what I understand, good people. You spend 15 hours on a set with somebody, let’s make sure they’re up to snuff. Because I’ve worked with some scoundrels and it’s not fun, dude. I’m sure you’ve had those experiences, too.