Type keyword(s) to search

The Perfect Couple - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Netflix

Drama

Sept 5

Amelia Sacks is about to marry into one of the wealthiest families on Nantucket. Her disapproving future mother-in-law, famous novelist Greer Garrison Winbury, has spared no expense in planning what promises to be the premiere wedding of the season - until a body turns up on the beach.

(edited)

FULL SYNOPSIS:

Amelia Sacks (Hewson) is about to marry into one of the wealthiest families on Nantucket. Her disapproving future mother-in-law, famous novelist Greer Garrison Winbury (Kidman), has spared no expense in planning what promises to be the premiere wedding of the season — until a body turns up on the beach. As secrets come to light, the stage is set for a real-life investigation that feels plucked from the pages of one of Greer’s novels. Suddenly, everyone is a suspect.

ABOUT THE SHOW:

A limited series (six-part) adaptation of the Elin Hilderbrand novel “The Perfect Couple.”

Jenna Lamia (Good Girls, Resident Alien) will serve as showrunner and executive producer of The Perfect Couple. The book author Elin Hilderbrand is also on board the project as executive producer.

Also executive producing are 21 Laps Entertainment’s Shawn Levy (The Adam Project) and Josh Barry, as well as Gail Berman and Hend Baghdady for The Jackal Group (Netflix’s Wednesday Addams, Elvis).

Susanne Bier the Oscar® and Emmy® Award-winning director behind Birdbox and The Night Manager, will direct and executive produce all six episodes.

THE STAR-STUDDED CAST:

• Nicole Kidman (A Family Affair) will play Greer Garrison Winbury, the Groom’s Mother.
  • Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan) will play Tag Winbury, the Groom’s Father.
  • Eve Hewson (Bad Sisters) will play Amelia Sacks, the Bride.
  • Billy Howle (Under the Banner of Heaven) will play Benji Winbury, the Groom. 
  • Dakota Fanning (The Equalizer 3) will play Abby Winbury, the Sister-in-Law.
  • Meghann Fahy (The White Lotus) will play Merritt Monaco, the Bride’s Best Friend.
  • Ishaan Khattar (Beyond the Clouds) will play Shooter Dival, the Groom’s Best Friend. 
  • Jack Reynor (Midsommar) will play Thomas Winbury, the Groom’s Brother. 
  • Sam Nivola (White Noise) will play Will Winbury, the Groom’s Brother.
  • Michael Beach (Mayor of Kingstown) will play Dan Carter, the Chief of Police.
  • Donna Lynne Champlin (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) will play Nikki Henry, the Detective. 
  • Mia Isaac (Black Cake) will play Chloe Carter, the Chief of Police’s Daughter. 
  • Isabelle Adjani will recur as Isabel Nallet, the Family Friend.

FIRST LOOK:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Snazzy Daisy

‘The Perfect Couple’ Cast Had to Be “Arm-Twisted” to Film That Bonkers Meghan Trainor Opening Credits Dance Sequence: “They All Went, ‘We’re Not Doing It!’”

According to Susanne Bier, the Meghan Trainor dance number almost didn’t even happen! When Decider chatted with Bier yesterday, the Oscar and Emmy winning Danish director revealed that “it was kind of my idea.”

“It was never really planned, but there was in the script, there was like a nightmare scene where there was like a dance and it became this weird nightmare,” Bier said. “I did not want to do that because I thought it was too dark.”

Bier explained to Decider that it was a massive upward battle to pull the dance sequence off. Everyone from her editor to the entire cast pushed back on her dream title sequence. Undeterred, she ordered a choreographer to pull a sequence together and sent it to the cast to rehearse.

spacer.png

• Love 1
(edited)

I have read every one of Elin Hilderbrand’s novels and been to Nantucket and chatted w Elin several times. I cannot wait for this and I’m so excited for her!!  It looks goooood,

And w Meghan Trainor being a Nantucket native (her cute, very proud dad Gary owned a jewelry store), I love that she was made part of the series in her own, fun way.

Edited by MerBearHou