Type keyword(s) to search

Hitler And The Nazis: Evil On Trial

• Start Topic

Netflix 6-part doc series that premieres June 5 2024

The Third Reich was one of the bloodiest regimes in history, but are the atrocities committed during World War II being lost to modern memory? Through the framing of the Nuremberg trials and eyewitness testimony of American journalist William L. Shirer, this six-part documentary series from director Joe Berlinger explores the shocking rise and fall of Hitler and his enablers who were fueled through propaganda, censorship and a campaign of antisemitism.

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/video/2024/05/09/video-hitler-and-the-nazis-evil-on-trial-official-trailer-netflix-944010/20240509netflix04/

• Useful 2

Oh lort.   I am literally revising my Master's Thesis for publication (I have to update it from 30 years ago but it is oh so timely right now) and it is on -- you guessed it -- charge 2 of the Nuremberg indicment.   Crimes against peace.    All about how the Nazis took control of the government and conspired to wage aggressive war.   I may have to watch this, but I'm afraid it will just have me yelling at my tv for the things they get WRONG or sensationalize (because yeah the Nazis need sensationlizing, over dramatization).   

• Like 3