Type keyword(s) to search

The Paris Murders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Intuitive profiler Chloe Saint-Laurent solves the most puzzling cases with the Paris homicide division in this suspenseful and fast-paced series based on actual criminal cases. Her exceptional sensitivity enables her to read the minds of killers and victims alike. From Walter Presents, in French with English subtitles.

Airing S01 now on PBS, Sunday evenings.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, CM-CrispMtAir said:

Intuitive profiler Chloe Saint-Laurent solves the most puzzling cases with the Paris homicide division in this suspenseful and fast-paced series based on actual criminal cases. Her exceptional sensitivity enables her to read the minds of killers and victims alike. From Walter Presents, in French with English subtitles.

Airing S01 now on PBS, Sunday evenings.

I'm on season five. It's a really good series.

• Like 2
(edited)

I just started watching this series on PBS, Sunday nights. I can't remember which season they're showing, I think it S03, but I've gone back and started at S01E01. It's such a good show! Always a titch creepy but the cast is great and the characters are compelling enough that I'm drawn in and I want to know more about each one. And it's good for practicing ones French!

Chloe is...intriguing and also quite odd, isn't she? Like she's almost a savant or a psychic or something.

The smarmy photographer is strange, the guy who's now under suspicion of stealing drugs and worse. I really hope Chloe doesn't get more entangled with him, he creeps me out.

I like Rocher, Cortene, the Commissioner, Fred. Really everyone is top notch. 👌 Plus, there are like 10 seasons to watch so there's a lot there! Anyone else watching?

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Anyone else watching?

This has been on PBS Masterpiece for a while and I've watched almost every season they have. 

I don't know what's happening with your PBS station, but I can tell you that mine (which is on "season 1" right now) and PBS Masterpiece treat the third season as if it were the first.  Rocher doesn't join the squad until the first episode of season three.  Before that, the lead detective with Chloe is Matthieu. None of the episodes on the streaming service or my local PBS have him except in a flashback here and there.

• Useful 2

Well that's weird because S01E01 has Rocher as the lead detective with Chloe. PBS also has only 7 seasons, so is PBS S07 actually the series S10? If you can answer without spoilering me that would be great!

• Useful 1
49 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Well that's weird because S01E01 has Rocher as the lead detective with Chloe. PBS also has only 7 seasons, so is PBS S07 actually the series S10? If you can answer without spoilering me that would be great!

Yes.  The US Season 1 is Season 3 in France.

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I just started watching this series on PBS, Sunday nights. I can't remember which season they're showing, I think it S03, but I've gone back and started at S01E01. It's such a good show! Always a titch creepy but the cast is great and the characters are compelling enough that I'm drawn in and I want to know more about each one. And it's good for practicing ones French!

Chloe is...intriguing and also quite odd, isn't she? Like she's almost a savant or a psychic or something.

The smarmy photographer is strange, the guy who's now under suspicion of stealing drugs and worse. I really hope Chloe doesn't get more entangled with him, he creeps me out.

I like Rocher, Cortene, the Commissioner, Fred. Really everyone is top notch. 👌 Plus, there are like 10 seasons to watch so there's a lot there! Anyone else watching?

I'm on season seven now. I really like the cast too. Especially Chloe and Rocher. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes.  The US Season 1 is Season 3 in France.

Anyone k own where those of us in the US can view the original first two seasons?

• Like 1
On 5/5/2024 at 8:38 PM, andromeda331 said:

I'm on season seven now. I really like the cast too. Especially Chloe and Rocher. 

I like Chloe & Rocher too, but right now I'm worried that Garrel is going to do something bad to Chloe now thst she's rebuffed him. He really is an evil person. I hope Rocher doesn't get hurt in that either because I think he knows Garrel  is a PoS but he has no proof. 

Chloe acted like she's losing her shit, and she also always acts a bit "off". Is she supposed to be a savant or something?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Chloe acted like she's losing her shit, and she also always acts a bit "off". Is she supposed to be a savant or something?

I don't know. I can't decide if she's suppose to be savant or have mental problems. She's off but I don't know why.

• Like 1
On 5/27/2024 at 4:08 AM, andromeda331 said:

I don't know. I can't decide if she's suppose to be savant or have mental problems. She's off but I don't know why.

Somebody mentioned to me that they thought she was probably on the spectrum, so perhaps that's it? It is an interesting choice to make her so obviously different but never address why that is, though for all we know it was addressed in the first two seasons that we aren't seeing in the USA.

When I said upthread that I thought Garrel would do something bad to Chloe because she ended things with him, I definitely did not see what E10 was going to bring us! Knowing Garrel, I dont think he's dead, I think he will pop up again in later seasons (please don't spoiler me if you know differently). That said, as creepy as Garrel was, at least now we can understand what he was up to and why. Basically avenging his brother's drug-related death from years ago. That's some long term planning but I dislike him less and understand his motivation more. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next season.

Speaking of which, I don't think I can wait until or if PBS decides to air the other 6 seasons, I'll probably just continue on myself on PBS Passport.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 9:47 AM, surfgirl said:

When I said upthread that I thought Garrel would do something bad to Chloe because she ended things with him, I definitely did not see what E10 was going to bring us! Knowing Garrel, I dont think he's dead, I think he will pop up again in later seasons (please don't spoiler me if you know differently). That said, as creepy as Garrel was, at least now we can understand what he was up to and why. Basically avenging his brother's drug-related death from years ago. That's some long term planning but I dislike him less and understand his motivation more. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next season.

Don't worry I won't give any spoilers. At the time I thought Garrell would do something bad. And yes he did.

Speaking of which, I don't think I can wait until or if PBS decides to air the other 6 seasons, I'll probably just continue on myself on PBS Passport.

That's what I ended up doing. I usually try not to and just watch it when the channel comes up free again for a week. But I got hooked and couldn't wait for when ever it was free again.

(edited)
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

That's what I ended up doing. I usually try not to and just watch it when the channel comes up free again for a week. But I got hooked and couldn't wait for when ever it was free again.

Yup, I also realized that it seems like PBS ended their S01 (actual S04) on E09 and there are two more episodes left for this season but they're not on the PBS schedule, so weird! 

I did find online a French website that has the original S01 - 03 but you need a VPN in France to view them.

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/profilage/videos/profilage-s01-e02-quelquun-de-bien-72199845.html

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
On 7/7/2024 at 1:31 AM, surfgirl said:

I just watched S01E11 and I am baffled as to what happens because I know

Reveal spoiler

Chloe is in the next two seasons...

Keep watching.

3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Keep watching.

Roger that! I'm about to begin US S02, which I believe is actually S05. Hoping they explain the aftermath of what happened last!

• Like 1