Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4, 25 Episodes - Looks like we're here for another year

• Start Topic

On 1/13/2024 at 8:56 AM, Blergh said:

Yeah, the sad irony is that the germ phobic Mike Munroe (Anthony Edwards) who lived in his own terrarium and everywhere in a lunar space suit doesn't seem as whacked as he did then!

I had forgotten about Anthony Edwards' arc here - just got to this point in my rewatch.  What a loon, right? He thinks masks and gloves help protect him from germs, grows his own food, and worries about stuff like toxic chemicals, oil spills, and something called, global warming?  Where'd they find this nutjob? /s

And I only just put together that when he went on to be an ER doc, Holling was his father!

Someone will have to explain to me about Alaska's weather and/or holiday schedule.  In the Thanksgiving episode, everyone's walking around in light jackets and harvesting crops from the garden.  Wouldn't they be dealing with wintery weather and limited daylight by that point in the year?

• Applause 2
On 4/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, arachne said:

There isn't a Season 4 thread, so I'm posting this here.

Last night I saw the Season 4 "Thanksgiving" episode. Liked it well enough -- especially when Chris phoned his old prison buddies on air -- but one thing baffles me:

Toward the end, Marilyn confronts Joel, who is squatting miserably under his desk. She invites him to join the Indians-only Thanksgiving parade, saying: "You're not white anymore." Why? Can't figure that out. 

On 4/9/2024 at 5:19 PM, Orcinus orca said:

He was adopted into the tribe after curing one of the elders.  It started out with a gift of a goat and ended up with him having to give away all of his possessions.

I just watched this one.  I thought Marilyn's remark was related to their discussion earlier in the episode about how Joel was not white, he was Jewish.  But now I remember the adoption into the tribe, and it could be that, too. 

• Like 1