Type keyword(s) to search

S22: Ep 7 - Robert De Niro, Max Brooks, Tara Palmeri

• Start Topic

Well, in general better than last week.  Nice of Bill to acknowledge that Biden's SOTU speech was pretty damn good.  Loved De Niro, who has no problem playing villains, would not even consider playing Biden's predecessor.  Brooks and Palmeri gave intelligent view points.  I appreciated the debate on whether Biden should have more appearances or fewer.  I agree that he should give more.

Bill's cahones award, eh.  that one woman looked like she lost more than 60 pounds (which is fine, good for her) and JK can suck it.  there are evil women (from birth) criminals too.  

But Bill, do not piss off Philadelphia (and by possible extension KC and the TayTay posse) by dissin on our Jason Kelce.  There are plenty of men with full beards/mustaches.  

• Like 4
(edited)

To Max Brooks, for explaining why Bezos should pay his fair share of taxes, with passion and vigor -- I love you, man! And I love the Anne and Mel that created you!

To Bill Maher for pointing out in the "Cojones Awards" that Garth Brooks was the only country music singer who reacted with common sense and integrity during last year's Bud Light brew ha ha -- thank you!

Edited by FaginZorro
typos
  • Like 7

Yeah, Garth Brooks was the only 'cahones award' winner i agreed with.  

And Max Brooks' 'pay fair share' taxes speech was definitely very good.  I will have to remember that.  We all pay our fair share of taxes for our local roads we use.  Bezos, et al, should pay fair share for all roads they use, which are a helluvahlot.  

• Like 3

The speech was good but don't they pay their fair share what with the vehicle registration & state taxes on gas? Genuine question. 

On a more surface level note, for a political talking head Tara Palmeri is drop dead gorgeous.  

35 minutes ago, Shrek said:

The speech was good but don't they pay their fair share what with the vehicle registration & state taxes on gas? Genuine question. 

It depends.  For example, Amazon could register a whole bunch of vehicles in say Pennsylvania, but use those vans to do deliveries in a host of neighboring states (Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, New Jersey, New York).  And Amazon could tell its drivers to fill up on gas whichever state has the cheapest gas.  such as, a driver who is doing deliveries in the Tri-State area of NJ, PA and DE might endeavor to gas up as much as possible in NJ, where gas prices tend to be lower.  

But that still doesn't necessarily provide for all the other services our taxes pay for (such as police, fixing streets, etc.)

• Like 2