Type keyword(s) to search

Queens - General Discussion

DanaK
  • Start Topic

National Geographic 7-part doc series

The wildest places on the planet have always been home to powerful leaders, but this a story of a new hero - fierce, smart, resilient and ... female. QUEENS features matriarchies and female leaders around the world to tell a story of sacrifice and resilience but also of friendship and love. These QUEENS aren't always kind or gentle, letting nothing come between them and the success and safety of their families. Guided by award-winning actress Angela Bassett's powerful narration, QUEENS brings the natural world into focus through the female lens for the very first time. Four years in the making and helmed by a female-led production team from around the world - groundbreaking in the natural history space - the seven-part series leverages cutting-edge technology to reveal surprising insights into how females in the natural world rise to power, often relying on cooperation and wisdom over brute strength to get ahead. The final episode of the series celebrates the women who have gone to the ends of the Earth and dedicated their lives to documenting and protecting animal queens. We don't call her Mother Nature for nothing. All hail ... the QUEENS.

Episodes 1-3 will premiere on Monday March 4 from 8-11pm ET and episodes 4-7 will premiere on Monday March 11 from 8pm to midnight ET. The series will stream in full on Disney+ and Hulu on March 5

• Useful 1

Interesting series so far with some beautiful photography

Sad about the hyena pup being killed by the mother’s sister I think

Interesting factoid about how a lioness can sneakily avoid a lion killing all her cubs. Mate when her cubs are very young and the lion thinks they are his

I have a hard time with nature shows because, while I know it's the way of things, I have a hard time actually watching animals kill each other, but this sounds interesting enough to deal with that.