Type keyword(s) to search

Greek - General Discussion

zenithwit
  • Start Topic

Hulu (originally was ABC Family,  which is now called Freeform)

Premiered July 9, 2007

"Greek follows the story of Casey and Rusty Cartwright as they navigate their way through Greek life at the fictional Cyprus-Rhodes University. Casey has it all—good looks, popular boyfriend, sisterhood in the most elite sorority—but her party life is turned upside down when her younger brother Rusty arrives on campus and insists on rushing a fraternity. Don’t miss even one episode of this exciting ABC Family original series!"

Drama

An oldie but a goodie.  I thought it would be fun to have a forum for this show.

Yayyy!!! I'm so excited that this show now has a forum.  This is one of those shows that I rewatch every now and then.  I always forget how good the first season is and I love the little CRU universe (can we make Dobblers be real place please?).

Currently, I'm in the middle of another rewatch.  I'm after the point when the ZBZ's accidentally burned down the Gamma Psi's house and the Omega Chi's getting 3 Kappa Tau brothers expelled in a dirty prank.  I never really liked either of these storylines because having events with such serious consequences really took away from the light-hearted nature (which was nice and fun).

Kinda surprised that none of the actors broke out in a big way after this show.  I've seen a lot of the actors in other stuff but it's usually been in a supporting role.  I think Clark Duke (Dale) might have been the most successful post-Greek.  Oh and I guess James Franco and Olivia Munn (who both had very small roles in this show).

Also, Fisher really was the worst boyfriend.  Anyone who doesn't realize the cinematic genius that is Clueless and its play on Jane Austen's Emma loses major points in my book.  CRU did have a bad film program.

(edited)
7 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I think Clark Duke (Dale) might have been the most successful post-Greek.  Oh and I guess James Franco and Olivia Munn (who both had very small roles in this show).

None have broken out big but I don't know that Clark Duke has had a better career than Jake McDornan (who has lead or co-lead a few series), Scott Michael Foster (been a series regular in other things), Amber Stevens West (also a series regular in other things, or Paul James (has had regular series roles recently.) 

Edited by Irlandesa