Type keyword(s) to search

James Brown: Say It Loud - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A&E will premiere the two-night documentary event "James Brown: Say It Loud" delving into the immeasurable musical and cultural impact of the entertainment icon. Directed by Deborah Riley Draper (The Legacy of Black Wall Street, Versailles '73: American Runway Revolution) and executive produced by legendary artist Mick Jagger, Academy Award(R) winner Ahmir 'Questlove' Thompson, Tariq 'Black Thought' Trotter, Peter Afterman, David Blackman, Victoria Pearman, Bruce Resnikoff, Shawn Gee, Zarah Zohlman, Charlie Cohen, and Mari Keiko Gonzalez, the documentary examines Brown's incredible life that was as innovative as it was influential. The special examines Brown's legacy through exclusive interviews, never-before-seen archival footage and his beloved music catalog. "James Brown: Say it Loud" premieres Monday, February 19 and Tuesday, February 20 at 8PM ET/PT on A&E.

Full press release and sneek peak trailer http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/01/18/aande-celebrates-the-godfather-of-soul-in-two-night-documentary-event-james-brown-say-it-loud-executive-produced-by-mick-jagger-and-ahmir-questlove-thompson-732514/20240118aande01/

• Like 4

Saw this a couple days ago-I liked it quite a bit.I had the opportunity to see James Brown in a sold out show at the Whiting Auditorium In Flint, Mi. in 1997. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. His band was tight, he was so full of energy (in his early 60s I think) and he had the whole place dancing and singing. I don't know where he got the energy but it made me tired just watching him. He sang all the songs, did all the moves, it was just wonderful. Seeing the show about him brought back a lot of memories. 

• Like 2