Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: A Rival to Balenciaga

• Start Topic

(edited)

“I heard Balenciaga finally has a rival.”

“Christian Dior, the figurine maker?”

Christian Dior’s designs are dubbed as “the new look” by Carmel Snow. TBH, some of the dresses look similar to Cristóbal’s dresses a few seasons ago, especially the buttons and the pleats. Warp waist isn’t revolutionary. Just like Wladzio, I am curious too - is Christian copying Cristóbal? 

Spoiler

It will be interesting to see how this plot of Christian Dior revolutionizing fashion in Paris will pan out in Apple TV’s new series - The New Look. It will definitely be told from a different perspective.

Cristóbal calling Christian Dior a one-hit wonder is some petty shade. 😆

Nicolás and Virgilia are such a hands-on investors. They attend Dior’s showcase and order a dress to help Cristóbal gathering intel on their new rival. They’re busted but mission accomplished.

Cristóbal being a closed-off person is hurting the Balenciaga brand while Mr. Dior is great at PR & communication.

“He steals my clients, my fabrics, forces me to do things I don’t want to do. They want me to do something I’m not. To be Dior.”

The sudden death of Wladzio has hit Cristóbal hard, he even thinks about retiring and becoming a monk. The scene in the hospital is heartbreaking and Alberto San Juan is amazing in it.

The manifestation of grief is evident in his designs. They’re dark, literally. 💔

EC3B3684-BCED-4DED-BF01-8112773F21B8.jpeg

DCAF4316-DC83-4E26-BC12-1E599E808840.jpeg

8D38915B-629E-40F7-BA61-119088C95585.jpeg

EC4109DA-436E-4978-AB0F-16AA6C07C6CF.jpeg

3DCD9E37-2C71-4D59-B3B1-437D9634A2B2.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy