Type keyword(s) to search

HGTV Dream Home - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Did anyone watch the HGTV Dream Home 2024?

Hard to believe that it has been airing since 1997.

HGTV Dream Home is where HGTV designs and builds a home in different locations around the US. HGTV Then has a sweepstakes and the winner get the house (and everything in it) and other prizes (like a car).

Most of the time the winners either take the cash option or sell the home after the fact (due to taxes).

The 2024 home was built on the marshes of Anastasia Island, on the east coast of Florida, near St. Augustine.

Edited by CAM
(edited)
17 hours ago, CAM said:

The 2024 home was built on the marshes of Anastasia Island, on the east coast of Florida, near St. Augustine.

Hard pass. 

For any number of reasons, including but not limited to: Florida, the marshes of Florida, the more hurricanes side of Florida. 

I usually check out at least one of the many multiple airings of any Dream House episode, but I haven't been crazy about what the current designers have done. Generic HGTV. Maybe it'd be better if they gave a house and big budget to Nate and Jeremiah, the Bargain Block boys, and, I dunno, Hilary? Better for me, anyway. But not if it's in a swamp in Florida.

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 1
(edited)

As someone who lives in the general area where this house is, yeah, hard pass. It's beautiful and a quality builder but that location is scary. We don't get as many hurricanes currently as the other side of the state but marsh side is a bad choice. We just got hit by that storm on Tuesday and we're having more and more of those types of unnamed, not hurricane, storms.

The builder also built the Smart Home in 2013, which I was able to see in person. I contacted them and they said HGTV won't let anyone tour anymore.

Edited by ML89
  • Like 1