Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05 Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

• Start Topic

"Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow". Barry and Kim sit down with the kids to speak about more changes in the family. Moriah showcases more of her own personal rebellion in the form of a tattoo. Ethan and Olivia say goodbye to Tampa while Moriah hosts her sisters for a special girls weekend.

At this point, I am only slogging thru this because I am a completist and have nothing better to do. What's the deal with the bloody establishing shots?

• Moriah gets her tattoo in Ybor City while Barry watches. I did not realize this wasn't her first one! I hate that almost-impossible-to-read quasi-Olde-English font! It looks like her arm has H-E-8-E-L written on it. Moriah is such a rebel! [eyeroll] Does she even know what the word means? One does not normally "rebel" against the Devil. I did find it amusing that the tattooist was wearing a Temple of Satan hoodie.
  • Michah introduces two sets of friends to each other at a bar. 
  • The mother of the millennium arrives unexpectedly at the Plath house. Apparently, she only drops by less than once a week. She says she's making Barry sell the big house and move into one of their rentals to make up for the income from the rental houses she was expecting. 
  • Lydia drove Moriah's sisters to Tampa to spend the weekend with Moriah. Wait, which Lydia is this? Moriah reveals she got a couple more tattoos on the arm with H-E-8-E-L on it and warns her younger siblings about not doing things on impulse. Uh-huh.
  • Meanwhile, Olivia and Ethan are packing for the move to Minnesota.
  • Moriah and sisters play dress up and go out for lunch. Jebus! Lay off the bright red lipstick, Moriah! Lydia tells Moriah that Olivia and Ethan are leaving the next day. Did Lydia visit them alone? Moriah interviews that she didn't know because she had to block his calls because he was always yelling at her on the phone. I doubt that story.
  • Ethan and Olivia have a moving out party with their friends. No sign of Moriah or other sisters.
  • Why are they moving?
  • Next week, we see Michah do some modeling and Kim telling a friend she just met some guy.