Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Life's But a Walking Shadow...

• Start Topic

"Life's But a Walking Shadow...". Ethan is frustrated by the schism between Olivia and his family and believes that time will mend their unsolved difficulties. Barry confides in Micah about his divorce. Moriah welcomes her new beginning and her inner rebel.

Zzzz... I finally got around to dragging thru another ep of the season. Bored.

• Previously, Moriah was baptized, Kim told Micah she's dating someone, and Ethan feels betrayed by Moriah.
  • Olivia helps Ethan finish restoring his car, which he drove at their wedding. Wait, what?
  • Lydia is acting like the surrogate mother. Who Isaac's dating is none of her beeswax. I'm not so sure about you being more mature than him, either.
  • What was written on the whiteboard behind them? Scriptures? Motivational messages? Insane ramblings?
  • While Micah pretends to work on his boat, he and his father talk about Ethan. Micah eyebrow-acts alone about Kim's credit card story.
  • Is it my imagination or does Barry seem to be stepping up his father game since Kim ditched him and the kids?
  • Kim takes Isaac to where his airplane is kept, the one she somehow cosigned with him. There's something weird about the way she and that pilot are interacting. Kim then bragged about how she did this without Barry's approval and how she's doing it for her kids. Fuck you, Kim.
  • Kim mortifies Isaac by suggesting to Isaac that they go on a double date. 
  • Lydia and Moriah make s'mores at a backyard campfire and Lydia gets "spiritual".
  • Ethan and Olivia drive his "restored" car to the restaurant where they had their first date four years ago. Ethan claims he had never seen a menu before at the time, which I find hard to believe. I guess he still doesn't know how to read menus because he ordered the same thing.
  • In Tampa, Moriah takes Barry to a kombucha(?) bar. Alone on the back porch area, she tells him about getting her forearm tattooed with "Rebel" <eye roll> and how no one knows she lost all her hair for a couple years as a child.