Type keyword(s) to search

The Insurrectionist Next Door

DanaK
  • Start Topic

The HBO Original documentary THE INSURRECTIONIST NEXT DOOR, directed by acclaimed filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi (HBO's "Pelosi in the House" and "Journeys with George"), debuts SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15 (9:00-10:15 p.m. ET/PT) on HBO and will be available to stream on Max.

Synopsis: In her 15th HBO documentary film, Alexandra Pelosi turns her camera on some of the people who stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. Through a series of candid interviews conducted over the last two years, Pelosi talks to several individuals charged with crimes for their participation in the unprecedented events of the day.

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/10/10/hbo-original-documentary-the-insurrectionist-next-door-a-film-by-alexandra-pelosi-debuts-october-15-636412/20231010hbo02/

Trailer

• Like 1

Note that this premieres this coming Sunday. Weird that a doc by a celebrated filmmaker isn’t getting much advanced notice for its premiere. Maybe they think it will be controversial. “Allen v. Farrow” received similar short notice

• Useful 1

Tried watching.  My eyes were glazing over.  Can't even articulate well why this was unwatchable for me.  They just didn't have much of interest to say.  One moment sticks with me from before I turned it off:  A subject who served eight months in prison is back home and still watches Fox News.  Still a believer somehow. 

I'd be interested to hear how others react. 

• Like 1

I tried, too, but bailed around the 35-minute mark. Eventually had to turn it off because there was no self awareness among the crew Alexandra Pelosi interviewed. They seemed like a bunch of mind-altered drones regurgitating memes they read on Facebook or heard on whatever lunatic "news" source they listen to on AM radio. They were just unwilling, or unable, to come to terms with the fact they'd be swindled. Likely because they'd have to come to terms with what they really are: traitors.