Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E15: Keegan-Michael Key, Elle Key, Matt Welch, Sarah Isgur

• Start Topic

This was better than last week, both panelists made good points.

interesting in their discussion of third parties and who is needed to head a third party to be successful, no one pointed out how that is exactly what trump threatened the GoP with if he doesn't win the nomination.  theoretically, trump could be 'famous enough' to pull a significant number of people to his third party.  of course, that is what the GoP fears. 

I didn't care for Bill's "bothsidesism" on his New Rules.  I admit, I have not heard Minaj's stand-up routine, but don't comics all the time exaggerate events in their lives to make them funny, or more funny or just make stuff up in general?  its a comedy show, it is not intended to be real life.  Who has fact checked Bill's on and on and on complaining 'comedy' bit about his solar panels?   A comic making stuff up for an entertainment show is a heck of a lot different than a politician (or pretend politician) making stuff up to run for an office, or while he is elected to an office and supposedly representing the public as a nation or state or whatever.  And I'm not talking about how sometimes a president cannot tell the press/public certain facts because of national security and such.  We all know who and why Bill chose his "right wing" representative for this bit.  

If Bill wants to claim the left makes stuff up the way trump does, then show us an actual example of a politician on the left making stuff up that is in any way comparable.  

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

This was better than last week, both panelists made good points.

interesting in their discussion of third parties and who is needed to head a third party to be successful, no one pointed out how that is exactly what trump threatened the GoP with if he doesn't win the nomination.  theoretically, trump could be 'famous enough' to pull a significant number of people to his third party.  of course, that is what the GoP fears. 

I didn't care for Bill's "bothsidesism" on his New Rules.  I admit, I have not heard Minaj's stand-up routine, but don't comics all the time exaggerate events in their lives to make them funny, or more funny or just make stuff up in general?  its a comedy show, it is not intended to be real life.  Who has fact checked Bill's on and on and on complaining 'comedy' bit about his solar panels?   A comic making stuff up for an entertainment show is a heck of a lot different than a politician (or pretend politician) making stuff up to run for an office, or while he is elected to an office and supposedly representing the public as a nation or state or whatever.  And I'm not talking about how sometimes a president cannot tell the press/public certain facts because of national security and such.  We all know who and why Bill chose his "right wing" representative for this bit.  

If Bill wants to claim the left makes stuff up the way trump does, then show us an actual example of a politician on the left making stuff up that is in any way comparable.  

The problem is that "comedy" & Bill Maher are mutually exclusive and have been for at least 5 years & probably longer.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I admit, I have not heard Minaj's stand-up routine, but don't comics all the time exaggerate events in their lives to make them funny, or more funny or just make stuff up in general? 

Yes a lot of comics exaggerate or make up a funny punchline that didn’t actually happen.  They add in some hyperbole.. But Minaj told a story about a supposed event in his life, and at an off-broadway show showed a picture of the actual person (maybe with the face blurred).  Even without the actual photo, the family was identifiable and was doxxed and harassed.  And the incident didn’t happen!  That’s not normal, and I’m not sure why he thought it would be ok.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2