Type keyword(s) to search

How Do You Measure A Year?

• Start Topic

HBO documentary short premiering Wednesday June 14 at 9pm ET and streaming on Max

Director Jay Rosenblatt films his daughter over 17 years and asks her the same series of questions every time. The short was nominated for an Oscar in 2023

I thought this was interesting, especially in showing how someone’s opinions, likes and such change from year to year as they grow. Ella was definitely a moody teen. I think it being short at about 30 minutes helped keep me interested as an hour or more would have been too much for the amount of material

• Like 3
On 6/15/2023 at 8:19 AM, DanaK said:

I thought this was interesting, especially in showing how someone’s opinions, likes and such change from year to year as they grow. Ella was definitely a moody teen. I think it being short at about 30 minutes helped keep me interested as an hour or more would have been too much for the amount of material

I could not even watch past 10 minutes.  She seemed so self absorbed.  it sounded like it was going to be interesting like the Seven Up series, but it wasn't for me.  The director had done another film I liked a lot, the one about the childhood bullying incident at his Brooklyn public school in the sixties.