Type keyword(s) to search

The Light We Carry: Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This just dropped on Netflix recently and I watched it last night.  I didn't love it as much as I did Becoming, which was fabulously interesting and inspiring, but it was still a good watch -- on the final stop of her book tour, Obama and Winfrey chat. 

One of my favorite things about Obama is her sense of humor, especially when she is talking about her husband (I adore when she imitates him).  I loved her talking about their different temperaments when it comes to arguments, and how they had to compromise in the way they'd fight.  I am a total Michelle and I react the exact same way to Baracks.  "Don't come at me with sense right now!  Get out of here with your bullet points and I will talk to you later."

I also laughed at their reminiscences of when the pandemic first hit, and we didn't yet know what we should be doing.  The shot of Stedman waving at Oprah from the guest house was great.  And Obama going from "Oh, thank God my babies are coming home" when their schools closed to "Oh my God, these kids are going to be living with us again" was a sentiment I well remember some colleagues expressing.

• Like 2