Type keyword(s) to search

Frosty Palace

• Start Topic

This is a place to discuss the series as a whole, characters, musical numbers (songs and dances), predictions/speculations (no spoilers), and other topics that are relevant to the series, but may not fit into discussions of a particular episode. 

Something that I was thinking about is that so far, all of the songs have been started by the Pink Ladies, thier peers, or grown women. Men have joined in on some of the songs, but it's usually the young women who start singing first. Do you think we will see  a song that is started by one of the T-Birds, squares/socs, or a grown man? 

If only women (young or old) are the ones who start the songs/musical numbers, that's the creative making a bold statement about this series' perspective and point of view. 

If women (teenagers or grown) are not the only ones who get to start songs, I'm rooting for a big dramatic or sweet romantic number from Shy Guy. It makes the person that the person who is shy and having trouble expressing his feelings would do it in song, even if it's only in his room/someplace where he's alone, or happening totally in his head (like "I Want More" or "When You're in the Club"). 

I have no idea if we are getting a season 2, but this seemed like a great place to speculate on what might happen.

We find out what happened between Frankie and Jane, and at some point in the series, possibly a cameo from young a Danny.

I can't imagine Buddy dropping out of high school completely. Maybe he can finish high-school by mail or something.  I wonder if his father will let him stay if he gets a job. If Buddy is kicked out of the house, it will be interesting to see where he ends up living. 

Lydia and Cynthia trying to be a couple but also hiding it from almost everyone has the potential for serious drama. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I have no idea if we are getting a season 2, but this seemed like a great place to speculate on what might happen.

We find out what happened between Frankie and Jane, and at some point in the series, possibly a cameo from young a Danny.

I can't imagine Buddy dropping out of high school completely. Maybe he can finish high-school by mail or something.  I wonder if his father will let him stay if he gets a job. If Buddy is kicked out of the house, it will be interesting to see where he ends up living. 

Lydia and Cynthia trying to be a couple but also hiding it from almost everyone has the potential for serious drama. 

I get the feeling Frankie is going to change the dynamic of the t birds/their personalities (probably Gil)because our founding t birds compare to the movie ones they are not so assholish. I can also see Frankie wanting the leader role and wanting to take it from Richie.

Olivia and Gil will be a "will they or won't they" for season 2. The series will need to convince me that they should be a couple. As of now, I am not rooting for them as a couple, but the show could change my mind pretty easily or quickly. All it took was "The Land Ain't so Bad" to convince me that Hazel and Wally should be a couple and root for them. 

They have set up Hazel in a love triangle with Wally and Buddy for season 2, which should be interesting now that Hazel is a Pink Lady. It will be fun to see how Wally reacts. 

@RocknrollzombieI think the reason the T-Bird we see in the movie are different from the T-Birds in this series is that they are different people with different personalities. The gang's personality/attitude changed because the members changed. Also, I don't want to see Shy-Guy, Potato, Gil, and Richie turn into jerks. 

• Like 1

Prediction related to Buddy-He will get a job working at the Frosty Palace and (because TV Land logic is a thing or maybe the show will be able to find a plausible explanation for it) Buddy will rent a small one bedroom apartment in the same building Cynthia lives in. I love the idea of Cynthia running into someone she dislikes (but has never directly hurt her) on a regular basis. Cynthia constantly insulting him, and Buddy taking it because he knows on some level he deserves it. 

• Like 2

Adding onto my prediction about Buddy. I want him to work as a dishwasher in the Frosty Palace because I like the visual. He is no longer part of the action, but completely removed from it. He can only see what's happening through the windows, or get a quick glimpse when someone opens the door to drop off things for him to clean.

Also, I've figured out the the TV Land logic that will allow Buddy to rent an apartment. He can afford the apartment, but if he needs someone over a certain age to sign the lease, McGee co-signs the lease (I think that's the right term). I think she would be impressed with the sacrifice he made for Richie. She will only co-sign the lease if he agrees to go to night school to finish high school/get his GED.    

• Like 1