Type keyword(s) to search

S01E07: Departure

• Start Topic

Finding the finale a hard slog. Haven't been able to finish it yet. There is too much happening at once and it feels like everyone is underreacting.

Is this the first time we have seen the Children apparently all physically affected by something that happened to one of them? How is it that Nathan cutting himself doesn't seem to affect the collective but Joe's death gives them all nosebleeds?

I couldn't believe that Susannah got from 0 survivors to focusing on one of the Children in the photo to Westcott is One of Them!!!!! which she confirmed by pressuring Bryony to conclude that he had not fallen unconscious (even though she didn't seem sure, having been unconscious herself). I was especially confused because at first when they showed the photo I thought Susannah was noticing a resemblance to young David.

It appears that the Children also have some telekinetic power to control inanimate objects since it looked like Hannah locked the door and didn't just prevent Sam and Zoe from being able to move to get Ellie from the yard. I was surprised that Sam was so tongue-tied and didn't have anything to say before he broke down and confessed.